View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last year was an epic for us as we moved from our property in Turkey which we had lived for five years to start our new life here in BG. Several renovations have taken place including the removal of a chimney which to our surprise housed a family of bees and the queen bee of course, the local bee keeper came and took them all away for us. A year later and we have found that the bees are back and the queen bee appears to be in the middle of a dry lined wall which forms part of our kitchen.

So out I go with the bucket of cement yesterday and had nearly finished when one of the bees became agitated and decided to sting me, I have just come back from having another go at the wall and guess what . . . two stings this time. What do I do to keep them away and forget where the queen is living??

PS: My hand is in pain now!! Poor soul!! I'm a man, I can't take pain!!

Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 794030042 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 794030042 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:37 pm

So from the silence are we to assume you have either managed to get rid of them, abandoned the idea of getting rid of them and built a new kitchen elsewhere, or demolished the kitchen and fought the little beasties back to where they came from.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Phil-H wrote:
So from the silence are we to assume you have either managed to get rid of them, abandoned the idea of getting rid of them and built a new kitchen elsewhere, or demolished the kitchen and fought the little beasties back to where they came from.

Hi Phil - the real reason for my silence is I have been busy and also zapped out out with the heat at times. Bernard has had three goes with the smokey stick thing and as far as I can see he has failed. We have had guests here today and Nigel had a look at the problem and pronounced that our bees were in fact wasps, so a good wacking with a strong fly killer will be the answer at nightime in a few days.

c c
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 am

Bulgaria appears to have an enormous amount of wasps, we have four nests dotted around our property and our friends have many on their properties as well. Annette in her infinite wisdom decided to decline the wasp population which was near our front door yesterday morning and proceeded to give them the "
Raid"
treatment. Of course they weren't too happy about her doing this and became slightly agitated bordering on being rather annoyed with her as there was wasps laying on the ground, wriggling about on their backs and about to breath their last.

So at the point I decided to walk around outside and have a look around the property, the pathway by now looked more like an insect graveyard, upon approaching one of the nests but at what I considered a safe distance a rogue wasp stung me on the lip and another was making a very determined attempt at getting at me, but with my strong sense of survival I beat the second one off and made the hasty retreat into the house.

Having been bitten only a few weeks ago I realised that I do have a problem with wasps stings and went to the hospital and they gave me some allergy pills, so I took these pills twice yesterday and apart from the odd bit of pain and discomfort all was well with my lip.

This morning went well, but my lower lip felt quite strange and then that horrible moment arrived . . . yes, I looked in the mirror, what I saw was enough to frighten anyone, my lips had enlarged to such an extent that I now looked like Mick Jagger with lips sticking out on coat hangers!!

Annette has threatened to push my face against the window and use my lips as window suckers, but I'm not having any of it, I have escaped maybe only momentarrily to give you this information before being pursued around the house for the rest of the day by someone calling me "
Mick"
and asking me to sing a Rolling Stones tune!!

Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 2345823347 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 2381841692 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 3998065313 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 1865348797
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:11 am

blimey, you must be having your "
19th nervous breakdown "
and "
cant get no satisfaction "
with the bee problem, you must have been' jumping jack flash' when the bee stung you. rod stewart says' maggie may' help you and will come round on 'ruby tuesday' to 'paint it black'. hopefully it will be "
all over now"
. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 1865348797 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 2706089290

sorry could not resist. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Angel
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:49 am

starlite wrote:
blimey, you must be having your "
19th nervous breakdown "
and "
cant get no satisfaction "
with the bee problem, you must have been' jumping jack flash' when the bee stung you. rod stewart says' maggie may' help you and will come round on 'ruby tuesday' to 'paint it black'. hopefully it will be "
all over now"
. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 1865348797 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 2706089290

sorry could not resist. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Angel

Many thanks for your contribution to this post. I did think about asking members what tunes would be appropriate, but believed that many would come back with some suggestions.

What do other members think I should sing then??

Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:39 pm

With my earlier post regarding the wasps at my mothers house and the can of polystyrene, what I also did afterwards when the stranglers started returning and could not get back in was to hang one of those electric fly spatters over what used to be the entrance, that way the wasps still trying to gain entry had to try and wriggle through the electric swatter, needles to say they didn't make it.

Obviously it cost a few batteries and I also had to tape the switch in the on position, but at least it stopped them from maybe trying to resettle in the same area.
[url:21p0m0pq]http:
//www.
ebay.
co.
uk/sch/i.
html?_trksid=p5197.
m570.
l1311.
R3.
TR7.
TRC0.
A0.
Xelectric+fly&
_nkw=electric+fly+swatter&
_sacat=0&
_from=R40[/url:21p0m0pq]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 pm

We have had four wasps nests and so far have zapped two of them. Our freind Steve asked our advice a few days ago as he had a visitation of two nests and told us the tale of clearing of one them. He bought four cans of fly killer from our local bar and taped them together in pairs. At the hour of high ten, he proceeded towards the wasps nests and stood there like an alien about to extinquish mankind. With the four cans in two hands he blasted the nest at the sides, in the middle, above the nest and below and killed anything with wings that appeared, thus far apparently, not a murmur has been heard from the nests and not a wasp has been spotted, so top points to him in his solo quest in obliterating the demons from his house and long may his peaceful house remain.

Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 570106603 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 1865348797
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:28 pm

I have probably destroyed a dozen nests this summer..I use Baygon as my weapon of choice..delivered directly onto the nest about an hour after sunset. You don't need to squirt the whole can..it froths up, so you can see the coverage and know when to stop. It has a residual trace for about 3 months, so no one comes back. Doing it after dark is the most important thing, as everyone is 'at home' and they are totally dormant then.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 pm

bgbazz wrote:
I have probably destroyed a dozen nests this summer..I use Baygon as my weapon of choice..delivered directly onto the nest about an hour after sunset. You don't need to squirt the whole can..it froths up, so you can see the coverage and know when to stop. It has a residual trace for about 3 months, so no one comes back. Doing it after dark is the most important thing, as everyone is 'at home' and they are totally dormant then.

Good advice bazzI am about to do my thing with the two remain wasps nests and hope that I don't get stung. They don't take to kindly to being eradicated from our property and sense of purpose has to be resolved being attacking the enemy. Off I go then and hope to make it back to the house unstung!!

g Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 3998065313 Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 3386807041
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Do the deed in the dark and you won't get stung!!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:53 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Do the deed in the dark and you won't get stung!!

Yes . . . the deed was done and apart from a few visitors who have only come and had a look at the carnage left behind by "
Raid"
we seem to be safe for the moment.

There a few rogue wasps looking for active nests, but they won't find one anywhere near us. It doesn't stop them from buzzing around my body whilst I am sat outside enjoying a coffee combined with a ciggi, perhaps they are just saying hello!! What's the word for "
buzz off"
in wasp language?

g g g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bees Again, What A Pain!!   Bees Again, What A Pain!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bees Again, What A Pain!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3