altText

inconsiderate planting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

inconsiderate planting Empty
PostSubject: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:01 pm

I have a problem that i dont know quite how to deal with. :inconsiderate planting 3897195628:. the neighbours have planted a variety of plants close to the border wall. these trees and plants will be enormous and already over the wall into my part of the garden. what within the law do you do. there is no negotiation with these neighbours. inconsiderate planting 794030042( not bulgarian or english )
am i allowed to cut them, but there would be a reaction or do i see the kmet. c

In contrast my other neighbours, bless them, had a 50 year old walnut tree overhanging when we first moved in and he cut it back immediately. i think its called respect. g

unfortunately, this does not apply with the other neighbours. inconsiderate planting 794030042
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Defo Kmet. We were told that trees could only be planted if they were over 1 Meter away from the boundary. Otherwise the Kmet would order them to be removed. Try legal first then round up when its dark if it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm with Tony..seems the way to go. Down here, where I live, anything hanging over the fence or wall, onto my side belongs to me and I can do what I like with it. Everyone seems to know this and I've not been aware of any conflict.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm

we are definately with Tony law abiding and then the round up inconsiderate planting 1430720830
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:32 pm

they have cameras g and i dont want to do anything illegal. but this will prove a problem as already plants are overhanging in the drive at face level which could cause injury when walking up the drive. :Headbang:basically they are out of control. c
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm

If they are overhanging into your property, cut them back..don't worry about the cameras because they will only show you taking care of your property.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 pm

You say 'there is no negotiation with these neighbours. inconsiderate planting 794030042( not bulgarian or english )'

With regards to this problem have you actually spoken to them, or attempted to speak to them?

Obviously the decent or proper thing to do is to ask if they mind if you 'trim back' the over-growing plants, this will obviously then either give you permission to get the axe (clippers) out, or on the other hand you will know that you are going to have to go down the legal route or/and the midnight round up route.

I don't know what the BG law is on this problem, but here in the UK we are supposed to ask the neighbour if they want the cuttings back, because although legally they are the neighbours property we do have the right to cut it back to keep the growth in check.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 am

would be nice if it was that simple, but it is not. they dont want to know. thats why i have to act within the law ( as always ) otherwise we would have the police at the door. inconsiderate planting 927475117
stuck what to do really, life would be so much better is people were friendly. g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

I agree, the Kmet is the only way to go! We had a similar problem with a tall wall which a neighbour built, which obstructed our light. We went to the Kmet and explained. He came round and had a look. 3 days later and the wall was gone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm

starlite wrote:
would be nice if it was that simple, but it is not. they dont want to know. thats why i have to act within the law ( as always ) otherwise we would have the police at the door. inconsiderate planting 927475117
stuck what to do really, life would be so much better is people were friendly. g

I honestly believe that you would not have a visit from the Balchik police over your issue with your neighbour, they don't even arrest real criminals
To act within the law I think that you trim back what is over hanging your drive and politely give back what is not yours
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:56 pm

I can just see their faces now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] inconsiderate planting 1865348797 :Congtrats:OMG. inconsiderate planting 2381841692 inconsiderate planting 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: inconsiderate planting   inconsiderate planting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

inconsiderate planting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1