altText
altText
altText

iplayer available in UK only??!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
elsa

iplayer available in UK only??!! Empty
PostSubject: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:31 am

When I go to iplayer it says 'iplayer available only in UK' ..any tips? while ago a number of expat friends told me about a system they were using to access UK TV on their laptops.... can't remember exactly..and can't contact them anymore. those using it felt it worked really well, but I haven't seen anybody here using it or even mentioning it.....can someone please go through the steps I got to take and any trusted recommendations will be appreciated!
and maybe the techies can give us a run down on the pros &
cons of it.... preferably in non-techie English?
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:37 am

We had iplayer in Turkey and we downloaded easy hide IP - which is a site to confuse people from where the signal originated. You just click onto an IP address in the UK and then go on iplayer. Never had a problem.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Don't know about iplayer, but we have caught up with a few things on YouTube and can watch enough UK telly on Filmon. Better things to do out here really, but useful when it gets too hot outside. You can also record on Filmon.
Back to top Go down
tedthered
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 6:25 pm

We use Iplayer in Bulgaria, we just subscribe to a VPN for £5 a month, it hides your IP address and for all intents and purposes you are in the UK.

Cheers

Ted the Red
Back to top Go down
http://malandtedfromravda.com/
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

elsa wrote:
When I go to iplayer it says 'iplayer available only in UK' ..any tips? while ago a number of expat friends told me about a system they were using to access UK TV on their laptops.... can't remember exactly..and can't contact them anymore. those using it felt it worked really well, but I haven't seen anybody here using it or even mentioning it.....can someone please go through the steps I got to take and any trusted recommendations will be appreciated!
and maybe the techies can give us a run down on the pros &
cons of it.... preferably in non-techie English?
Cheers!

Morning Elsa thank you for your post and I am sure our guys will help if they can but please can I ask you to introduce yourself here when you have a moment thanks a million [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] g
Back to top Go down
Guinness101

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Down load expat shield for free when switched on you can use iplayer
Back to top Go down
George52

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Elsa,
I had loads of problems with expat shield and I have to admit that I’m really sick of it, so I totally can't recommend it to you. It was almost crashing my computer. I really don’t mind paying a couple of quid for a good service. I know that you can't get BBC unless you mask your I.P. address. There are several of them for free online but beware you may get lots of ads and some download unwanted files into your computer.

It's using a system called VPN. Basically you connect to the internet then connect to a private network based in the UK. So the BBC etc see you with a British IP address because they are seeing the private network's internet connection which is based in the UK.

I have been using "
uktvaccess"
for half a year. Fully satisfied, 4 quid and good speed for UK sites.

Yes, the 4 quid is a bit off putting, but all the free 'IP hiders' I've tried seem to fail, so perhaps one needs to pay something.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:13 pm

we use filmon.com happy with it for English TV plug your computer into the TV and watch TV in the normal way iplayer available in UK only??!! 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:11 pm

George52 wrote:
Hi Elsa,
I had loads of problems with expat shield and I have to admit that I’m really sick of it

Hi George52 ... welcome to the forum. Please set up a new topic and introduce yourself in the 'New member introductions' section of the forum so our regular members can give you a proper welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iplayer available in UK only??!!   iplayer available in UK only??!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iplayer available in UK only??!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life in Bulgaria-