Flooding - how is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just seen the footage of the awful flooding in Central Europe. How is everyone doing over there? Anyone been impacted?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 am

the flooding has been a disaster i wouldn't be trying to drive back to England of here to BG at the moment. I feel so sad for all the people in the floods
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:23 pm

chrissybg wrote:
the flooding has been a disaster i wouldn't be trying to drive back to England of here to BG at the moment. I feel so sad for all the people in the floods

I totally agree with you chrissybg - the Danube has risen on the north of Bulgaria, but I understand from talking to Bernard that there has not been any problems as yet from reports on the BG TV channels.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Bulgaria has not faced such large-scale evacuation of people for years: official (ROUNDUP)

3 February 2015 | 00:56 | FOCUS News Agency

Varna. “Such a massive evacuation of people and animals was made for the first time in several years.” Director of DG of Fire Safety and Protection of Population Chief Commissar Nikolay Nikolov commented on the evacuation of people from the villages along Kamchiya River in connection with the threat of a massive flood, a reporter of Radio Focus – Varna announced.
Commissar Nikolay Nikolov said that the Interior Ministry has taken all measures to protect people’s homes after the evacuation not to become prey to looters. "
I do not want to hear such words, there are patrols of police and gendarmerie in all villages, we have taken measures,"
Chief Commissioner Nikolov said.
“According to information from the Ministry of Environment and Water and the Ministry of Interior and local authorities in Varna there is risk of flooding as result of overflowing of Kamchia Dam Lake to Tsonevo Dam Lake due to heavy rains in northeastern Bulgaria and the sharp increase in the level of rivers in the area. Settlements along Kamchia River, mainly in the municipalities of Avren Municipality are seriously endangered. I urge all residents of the settlements along the river to be ready to evacuate. We have been creating an organization with local authorities to protect the property of citizens, as well as their security”, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov turned to the people in flood-stricken areas, the press service of the government announced.
There is organization for temporary evacuation of over 600 people in the villages of Velichkovo, Grozdyovo, Tsonevo and Dabravino. They will be temporarily moved out and placed in secure locations.
“It is imperative for people to follow the instructions of state and municipal authorities. This afternoon they have complied with the guidelines for voluntary evacuation,” Interior Minister Veselin Vuchkov told journalists in coastal Varna, a reporter of Radio Focus – Varna announced.
After 2.30 p.m. 285 people were voluntarily evacuated from four villages along Kamchiya River. They were placed to stay with relatives or in kindergartens and schools”, Minister Vuchkov added.
"
We have been ordered by the Prime Minister to visit the affected areas and meet with stranded people. People have been provided food, bedding, water, blankets and everything they need. We are grateful to the district administration, mayors and the Bulgarian Red Cross for the assistance,"
Minister Vuchkov said. He added that the situation at present is relatively calm.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:19 am

as posted here Willow

viewtopic.php?f=38&
t=7303
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:37 pm

All fine for me but I do feel so sorry for those who have lost so much Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flooding - how is everyone?   Flooding - how is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flooding - how is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-