Its a wonderful life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Its a wonderful life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

For 9 years we have enjoyed life here in beautiful Bulgaria. I would recommend the country to anyone with a pioneering spirit, ready to take the rough with the smooth and able to distance themselves from any previous British life. It can be a wonderful life but not for the faint-hearted.
For us it is time to move on and much as I would love to try something else completely different, I think at my age its time to go back to my roots. My hero needs to get back to work too although he has always found plenty to do here both in our garden and those of our Bulgarian friends plus in the days when he looked after holiday homes. Life moves on and I must thank once again Bgbazz for his understanding.

I write this because I woke up this morning realising that it is not problems that are making me move on. That was the catalyst. I have been thinking of moving for some time and changing my mind. We have made lovely Bulgarian friends and loved our village life so its hard to leave but God moves in mysterious ways! I will not be moving until our house finds the buyer who loves what we love and I would like to stay on the forum when we eventually make the big move. It might be interesting for some to hear how we get on in Britain. Not much written about this side of things. So lots more to chat about in the future if you will have me. s
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Yes the best of luck with your decision and the move back to the UK, hopefully I'm not too far out in saying coastal areas haven't changed much, but major town's and cities may take some getting used to, in fact you may not even recognise some of them at all from the way you used to see them.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:54 am

I agree Phil. I wouldn't go back to my home town. I visited a relative recently for a funeral and although their house was lovely and the area, the town was dreadful. Not a bit as I had known it. The central market gone and the main roads full of banks and building societies and only one small supermarket. The bus station seemed a very 'no go' area and the whole centre quite a place of derilection. Such a shame. However, the towns where my family live in Oxford, Cambridge and London are very vibrant but far too busy, crowded and expensive for me now. I am going to the nearest coast and as you say, Phil, the good old English seaside seems much the same as ever and getting more popular for holidays judging by the holiday parks and building on the sea front.
Anyway, still giving this move a lot of thought, I realise that I and my Hero can really make a happy life anywhere. With all the ups and downs of life abroad, we have always had a good life and lots of fun. I hope that my posts on here reflect that. I know sometimes I have written about some downsides but I have always bounced back again. Thats life isn't it anywhere. So to those staying, good luck to you for the future, and to anyone returning, I wish the same. Be happy and have a wonderful life. s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its a wonderful life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2