Bulgarian Suicide rate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Bulgarian Suicide rate Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:07 pm

This is all very Bulgarian Suicide rate 927475117

[size=85:3nmlxmaj]Novinite
Bulgaria's Suicide Rate 'among Highest in Europe' - Experts
Health | April 1, 2013, Monday| 770 views

Bulgaria: Bulgaria's Suicide Rate 'among Highest in Europe' - Experts
File photo by BGNES

Bulgaria's suicide rate is among the highest in Europe, local experts alarmed on Monday.

Speaking at a conference in the Black Sea city of Burgas, psychologists named poverty and stress as the main reasons behind the suicide wave that shocked the Balkan country recently.

The psychologists urged Bulgarian citizens to seek professional help whenever they start feeling depressed, noting that Bulgarians rarely turn to psychologists for help.

Last Monday, a nationwide suicide prevention campaign was launched in EU's poorest member state.

A total of six people set themselves on fire in EU's poorest member state over the last month. Four of them passed away.

In addition to self-immolation, a suicide wave seems to have invaded Bulgaria with daily reports about people hanging themselves, jumping for bridges and high-story buildings, and throwing themselves under trains, among other
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:15 pm

That is dreadful Bulgarian Suicide rate 3135333095 Bulgarian Suicide rate 927475117
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Really awful. I can't get my head round how anyone can be desperate enough set themselves on fire, what a truly dreadful way to go. Bulgarian Suicide rate 927475117

All the more reason to offer any work possible to the people in your village rather than to Joe Bloggs because he's British. I don't know how else we can help.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:42 pm

This is all very sad.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 am

How sad that a person takes thier own life for whatever reason leaving families behind them.
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Yes i can vouch for the pain and suffering that is left behind. as my step-son Niki,commited suicide on 9th May 2012, here in London, and to make matters even worse (if thats possible)Tanya (my Bulgarin wife) found him in his flat. As you can imagine she is still devastated almost a year later.
As some of you know I used to write a journal about our adventures on our visits to Bulgaria, but as you can imagine our adventures are on hold at the moment, I can only hope that as the saying goes,"
time will heal a little"
and although Tanya will never get over it, hopefully she may get stronger and we can get back to something like a normal life again.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm

mike&tanya wrote:
Yes i can vouch for the pain and suffering that is left behind. as my step-son Niki,commited suicide on 9th May 2012, here in London,

Dreadful news Mike. Give my very best to Tanya (not that I imagine it would help very much). I hope that, as times drags its feet slowly forward, that you can both return to a normal life given such a kick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:43 pm

All very sad stuff indeed! As you all realise, it's the ones who are left behind who suffer. My sons lovely girlfriend had to bury her father last week after he took his own life and the grief and suffering this sweet 18 yr old is going through now brings a tear to my eye every time I see her. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:26 pm

As I have already said, this is all very sad and one must have to be pretty desperate to finish one's life this way
Is a sign of the times, the world we live in, for what ever reason it makes me shudder to think how I would handle a situation like this if confronted with it. Condolences to all concerned Bulgarian Suicide rate 1536469901
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Self-immolation   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:19 pm

[size=85:2wnrjst0]Novinite

The Bulgarian man, who set himself on fire in the southern town of Smolyan on Wednesday, died Friday afternoon, doctors announced.

Ventsislav Kozarev, 47, set himself on fire in front of a retail store in the Bulgarian mountain town of Smolyan early on Wednesday and his condition remained very critical until his death.

He was rushed to a specialized hospital in the second-biggest Bulgarian city of Plovdiv in a serious condition with third-degree burns over 80 per cent of his body.

According to unconfirmed information the man had personal motives and was desperate over a recent divorce.

Bulgaria has witnessed an unprecedented wave of self-immolations recently, with at least seven people setting themselves on fire since mid-February.

Six of them proved fatal.

Recent protests throughout the EU's poorest nation forced the previous government to resign in February.
Back to top Go down
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Self immolation is just beyond comprehension. Utterley horrific. I'm used to hearing about it out here in Asia in places like Nepal but to hear of it in Europe has been shocking to me.

Here - we tend to have homicide-suicide. Women jump out of buildings clutching their babies, or husbands kill their wives and kids and then jump. ..Its always about lack of money and stress at work.

Very very sad world we live in :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Suicide rate   Bulgarian Suicide rate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgarian Suicide rate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1