Car Boots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have heard that there is to be yet another carboot - this one in the VT area. There is already a big carboot at Camping VT but this new one will be on different weekends. Now I am asking - why do Brits want so many car boots and what on earth can they have to sell besides a few crafts and some expensive imports? Have they been here long enough to accumulate stuff to sell or is it just a way to meet fellow Brits? Will it become another gossip shop? Don't mean to offend but I cannot think of anything worse than to go into a Lions Den of Expats at a car boot and I can cook my own bacon sandwiches in the comfort of my own little village home from home using tasty Bulgarian bacon or proscuitto readily available in our village shop. What say you? Car Boots - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Well, that's a sweeping statement! Not everyone who attends car boots wants to befriend someone or have a gossip.
In fact, the only one I have been to here - so far - had a few stalls run by Bulgarians.
What is so wrong in looking for a few items or a good bargain? Car Boots - Page 2 3135333095
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 pm

It was a general statement and it depends on whether you are a committed shopper or not. Plenty of Bulgarian shops, Bulgarian friends and Bulgarian goods for me without car boots and bargains. I wouldn't go to them in England either. If I felt the need for British company I would never have been happy abroad. Travel broadens the mind if you really go native. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Car Boots - Page 2 3356871870 oldun and howler, you have both hit the nail squarely on the head. I don't need to surround myself with Brits..in fact, the only ones I've met in the last six years have been a couple of visitors. Apart from all the nice people on here, I don't know ANY native English speakers in Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 pm

well i must be strange, because i go to car boots, not to see the brits or to gossip, but to browse the books which are difficult to find in english in bulgaria, simple as that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Well, that's a sweeping statement! Not everyone who attends car boots wants to befriend someone or have a gossip.
In fact, the only one I have been to here - so far - had a few stalls run by Bulgarians.
What is so wrong in looking for a few items or a good bargain? Car Boots - Page 2 3135333095

starlite wrote:
well i must be strange, because i go to car boots, not to see the brits or to gossip, but to browse the books which are difficult to find in english in bulgaria, simple as that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well said ladies - A carbootsale is an outing - you can choose to go or to stay at home. It's about looking for bargains, what other bring to it is there business - I am just interested in the bargains Car Boots - Page 2 2706089290g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Different strokes for different folks I suppose..a couple of years ago I posted on another, fairly popular forum, that I had around 2000 English language books..mostly novels by popular authors, most in hard cover, all in good condititon. I indicated that I wanted rid of these and would consider a swap for something I hadn't read, otherwise come and get them..all yours for free. I had two responses..might be interested, but only if you delivered them to VT..and if you pay our fuel and accomodation costs, we may be prepared to come and have a look.

End result...big hole in the ground, equally big fire!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Different strokes for different folks I suppose..a couple of years ago I posted on another, fairly popular forum, that I had around 2000 English language books..mostly novels by popular authors, most in hard cover, all in good condititon. I indicated that I wanted rid of these and would consider a swap for something I hadn't read, otherwise come and get them..all yours for free. I had two responses..might be interested, but only if you delivered them to VT..and if you pay our fuel and accomodation costs, we may be prepared to come and have a look.

End result...big hole in the ground, equally big fire!

Well shame on you Bazz Car Boots - Page 2 927475117 you dissapoint me I would have thought you could at least put them up in the local hotel and paid half their fuel cost after all they were doing you a favour taking FREE books off your hands Car Boots - Page 2 1865348797 Car Boots - Page 2 2381841692

We had a person come to buy our beautiful diining set at a silly price - We agreed a reduced price before hand but when the person got to us they said they are very sorry but due to getting lost trying to find us (all of 1 miles mind) they no realised theyhave not got enough petrol to get him home again and could they borrow 20lev - what could we do. Car Boots - Page 2 2345823347
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Seems that the world has it's fair share of fools..but the worst thing is that they think the rest of us are even more foolish!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Seems that the world has it's fair share of fools..but the worst thing is that they think the rest of us are even more foolish!

Well Bazz, we are all foolish - when we choose to be. You always have a choice to say yes or no.
Anyway enough about that what do you all think of the 'Freecycle in Bulgaria' Just had a look and everybody wants no offer as yet. Car Boots - Page 2 3998065313
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 pm

You are quite right and I can be as foolish as the rest of the bunch. Your link for the Freecycle thing went to Facebook so that leaves me out.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 pm

I think car boots and the likes of free cycle have a place for some of us, I see the car boot as a sort of entertainment and not much else, however I have had a few bargains from the boot sales here in the uk but as always you have to be careful what you buy. Free cycle I can't comment on but again I think it can be a good place for those who maybe less fortunate he in the uk but can't comment on BG.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 am

Horses for courses naturally. However, once again I agree with my kindred spirit on here. I advertised a whole load of books, DVDs and videos somewhere on a site (maybe FB) all for a ridiculous price including video machine. Only one kind soul answered and came round and chose a couple of videos. If anyone wants paperbacks in good condition come round to us in Mindya 20mins from VT and no, we won't pay for fuel or put you up for the night but you might get a cup of tea. We have no car but you will have your private carboot but no gossip. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 am

Car Boots - Page 2 3367882216 I might have to pop over for a cuppa. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 pm

if you want to sell your books have you tried contacting the english book shop in vt called the book cave. she might be happy to buy them from you. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Car Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boots   Car Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Boots

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-