altText

So What is Grund

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Being like most people working outside is a bit of a no no of late. So what do us men do when we are bored, decorating. :So What is Grund 3897195628: So What is Grund 2345823347 So What is Grund 3998065313

Well we bought a paint that when finished looks like an embossed wallpaper, very expensive but its good. But when we purchased the paint we were told you must paint the walls first with Grund, well its like painting with water and it stinks. So just what is it? Its like an undercoat but not a very good one So What is Grund 794030042
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Grund is a watered down PVA adesive You can get the same effect by using white wood glue and water mixed. 50x50 mix When you use it use old brushes as it will tarnish the metal on the brush and you have to throw brushes away. When you use this grund leave it for 24 hours before painting over.
Very interested in the paint what did you use.
where did you get it.
Grund or the glue water mix can be used to seal new plaster too
hope this helps
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 pm

chrissybg wrote:
Grund is a watered down PVA adesive You can get the same effect by using white wood glue and water mixed. 50x50 mix When you use it use old brushes as it will tarnish the metal on the brush and you have to throw brushes away. When you use this grund leave it for 24 hours before painting over.
Very interested in the paint what did you use.
where did you get it.
Grund or the glue water mix can be used to seal new plaster too
hope this helps

Thank you for that.

We bought the paint in a shop near to ABC in Yambol. If going from the Pazzar down towards ABC the shop is on a corner on the right hand side. They also sell Sadolin and Ham :Great:erite paints, plus a good selection of British, German and Italian paints. This one is Italian and costs 10 leva per square meter.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

thank you for that we will have a look. Nice to have some thing different.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Being like most people working outside is a bit of a no no of late. So what do us men do when we are bored, decorating. :So What is Grund 3897195628: So What is Grund 2345823347 So What is Grund 3998065313

Well we bought a paint that when finished looks like an embossed wallpaper, very expensive but its good. But when we purchased the paint we were told you must paint the walls first with Grund, well its like painting with water and it stinks. So just what is it? Its like an undercoat but not a very good one So What is Grund 794030042

Doing DIY and decorating here in BG is a lot different to the UK. First of all you have to find the Bulgaski name for whatever you are purchasing and then work out how to use it. I bought some undercoat and it is thinner than water and when used does absolutely nothing, so that was a waste of money. BG gloss of course is nothing like Dulux or Crown and is also thinner than the British makes, one winter and it needs a good look at and probably doing all over again. I had heard of Grund, we needed to use it to form a good base over the walls before using their emulsion. Cheap emulsion is not worth buying either, you get what you pay for and it is advisable to buy the best for good results.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Is that the shop where they will mix paint?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Blink wrote:
Is that the shop where they will mix paint?

There are 2 shops that will mix paint in Yambol. This one and one in the Pazar car park.
Back to top Go down
howler

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Surely Tony60 you mean 10lev a litre not square metre, our lounge/hall with the ceiling is about 100 sq metres that would be 1,000 lev to paint, one room, I would expect gold leaf for that price. We use an excellent paint which costs about 74 lev, gives a beautiful textured finish, and is very easy to apply.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 am

howler wrote:
Surely Tony60 you mean 10lev a litre not square metre, our lounge/hall with the ceiling is about 100 sq metres that would be 1,000 lev to paint, one room, I would expect gold leaf for that price. We use an excellent paint which costs about 74 lev, gives a beautiful textured finish, and is very easy to apply.

No i mean what I said they sell the paint according to the area you wish to cover., and yes it is very expensive. That is why hotels use it for its durability So What is Grund 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 am

I add the Grund direct to the "
latex"
paint when it has to be diluted, seems to make it more durable.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:53 pm

I'll stick with my Dulux Weathershield for the outside stuff and the Dulux Interior for the other. After almost 5 and a half years it's showing no sign of 'giving up the ghost', so will use it again when it's time to repaint. It's very readily available down here..also I brand I grew up with, so no reason to change.
Back to top Go down
howler

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Dont blame you - I am sticking with ours, it is just like `Dulux, very hard wearing.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Totally agree my friend,,the prices, and it seems, the results, are very much the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So What is Grund Empty
PostSubject: Re: So What is Grund   So What is Grund Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So What is Grund

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-