View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

People have been eating horse meat for years, perhaps not even knowing it. We have not heard of any death's as a result
There is one restaurant in Calais that sell nothing but horse meat meals and advertises such
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 1865348797 Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 1865348797 Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 1865348797
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

bgbazz wrote:
The real, caring versions of the above persons are very very thin on the ground, I assure you. Having their snouts in the trough is a much higher priority. Prove me wrong..go on, I dare you!!

There is always someone with their snouts in the trough and some of us wonder how far up the chain all this goes. If all honesty was given to the problem and whatever investigations take place, there should be prosecutions and some sentencing coming along this year, but will this total fraud be taken seriously or only a rap on the knuckles being given at the end of it all.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

The main problem with these 'investigations' is that they will be conducted by other snouts, or someone appointed by the snouts themselves. A scapegoat will be decided on beforehand, tacky 'evidence' put in place and the rest....is history.

The more things change..the more they stay the same. {quote from an unknown author}
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:25 pm

There is also the sudden upturn in the amount of money going into the local butchers shops. I wonder if this helps the economy?

I wonder, might be a clever plan after all.

But then think again about the poor people that could not afford to buy real meat, that now have to pay out more to live, stretching already tight budgets. Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 3998065313
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:51 pm

I see the press have now gone very quiet on this? makes you wonder if they have been shutup Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 3998065313
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Nothing wrong with a bit of horse, we use to eat a lot of it in the old days back in blighty but they stopped selling it for some reason, I know horse lovers won't be happy about it but it is one of the beeter and healthier meats.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:44 pm

[size=150:32dewg16]Horsemeat scandal: Withdrawn products and test results

The discovery of horsemeat in beef products has led to a range of processed foods being withdrawn from sale across Europe.

Retailers and suppliers have been conducting tests to try to determine to what extent, if any, horsemeat is contained in their products labelled as beef.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) says 5,430 tests have been carried out in the UK so far, with 44 tests showing the presence of horsemeat. As products were tested multiple times, the 44 positive results relate to 17 different products, including Findus beef lasagne, which yielded at least 15 positive results.

This table is being updated as results emerge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horsemeat scandal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5