altText

Another attempted break in

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Another attempted break in - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Morning Guys

Had little bit of bad news last night we had another attempted break in to our place in Silistra - the alarm save us again - they managed to break the shutters and windows not clear on what damage is done yet but reports say they did not get in - so not all bad. This is the second time now, last time they managed to get through a 10 lock metal door but again the alarm went off once it was opened. We replaced the door with a steel door. We have double glazing, metal shutters, steel doors, neighbours, police checking daily sot alarm but still they try and it's the damage they do. My main concern is for the neighbours they are elderly and really do not need this stress. They take ake great pride in looking our for the property although they are not responsiable in any way, just key holders, they will be mortified as you can imagine in a small village this causes great concern for them. I will know more later.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Many years ago a fiend of mine took his Alsation (German Shepard) to obedience classes where he left the dog, although I don't know how many days it was for, but when he collected the dog, halfway home he stopped his car to get something from a shop, the trouble then started, 'the dog wouldn't let him back into the car' and he had to phone the school for the trainer to come out so my friend could get back into the car.

Awesome ... our GSD could always 'bark the bark', but generally, if anybody go near, she'd just flop on her back in the hope of a tummy-rub!

Still, she looked and acted the part when required.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Really sorry to hear your news, actually I have just been reading of another attempted break-in which I take people will see also.

On the topic of dogs.

Many years ago a fiend of mine took his Alsation (German Shepard) to obedience classes where he left the dog, although I don't know how many days it was for, but when he collected the dog, halfway home he stopped his car to get something from a shop, the trouble then started, 'the dog wouldn't let him back into the car' and he had to phone the school for the trainer to come out so my friend could get back into the car. Another attempted break in - Page 2 1865348797

I think I would be changing my dog trainer..or asking for a refund!
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Phil-H wrote:
Really sorry to hear your news, actually I have just been reading of another attempted break-in which I take people will see also.

On the topic of dogs.

Many years ago a fiend of mine took his Alsation (German Shepard) to obedience classes where he left the dog, although I don't know how many days it was for, but when he collected the dog, halfway home he stopped his car to get something from a shop, the trouble then started, 'the dog wouldn't let him back into the car' and he had to phone the school for the trainer to come out so my friend could get back into the car. Another attempted break in - Page 2 1865348797

I think I would be changing my dog trainer..or asking for a refund!
Why, the dog did exactly as it was supposed to do, the problem was that my friend had very little if anything to do with the training, therefore the dog recognised the trainer as being the person to take orders from.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Exactly the point I was making! What would have happened if it was YOUR seven year old daughter who jumped into the car???
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Well guys what we thought was going to be a pleasent visit for Dougie has started as a nighmare already. He arrived in BG last night and thankfully I booked him into the hotel in Varna as the flight was late and I did not want him arrived to a cold dark house late at night. So please I insisted he stay in Varna.

:Girl Nuke::Girl Nuke::Girl Nuke::Girl Nuke:i am so fed up with it all now - really p****d of with Bulgaria. Dougie arrived and found that they had yet another attempt at getting into our house - this time through the roof. They took the tiles off and and now the upstairs is soaking wet mainly our bedroom the bed is destroyed and the floor will have to be ripped up as it is soaking. Becasue of the shape of the roof all the rain water has run down to the bedroom on the left so the spare room looks ok, so he can use the bed in there which is a relief. What a mess and of course Dougie is on his own so will be even more stress for him :Another attempted break in - Page 2 3897195628: I just give up.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:23 am

oddball wrote:
Well guys what we thought was going to be a pleasent visit for Dougie has started as a nighmare already. He arrived in BG last night and thankfully I booked him into the hotel in Varna as the flight was late and I did not want him arrived to a cold dark house late at night. So please I insisted he stay in Varna.

:Girl Nuke::Girl Nuke::Girl Nuke::Girl Nuke:i am so fed up with it all now - really p****d of with Bulgaria. Dougie arrived and found that they had yet another attempt at getting into our house - this time through the roof. They took the tiles off and and now the upstairs is soaking wet mainly our bedroom the bed is destroyed and the floor will have to be ripped up as it is soaking. Becasue of the shape of the roof all the rain water has run down to the bedroom on the left so the spare room looks ok, so he can use the bed in there which is a relief. What a mess and of course Dougie is on his own so will be even more stress for him :Another attempted break in - Page 2 3897195628: I just give up.

Berni, What can we say, it is disgusting, it is immoral, it is totally disheartening and makes you wonder why are we here. I am sure I will be joined by all the forum members in wishing you and Dougie all the very best in getting it sorted and the culprits bought to justice. I am angry.
You may remember Mal and Jimmy, they were broken into in exactly the same way by removing roof tiles, getting in and then out, putting the tiles back as if nobody had broken in, they had one hell of a job convincing the insurance that it was a genuine claim as no windows and doors had been damaged. All the help, support and dedication you give to the people of that country, you will have to have a very big heart to want to continue, you must be gutted and totally at wits end, God bless and if there is anything I can do please contact me Another attempted break in - Page 2 927475117
Berni, tell Dougie if he wants somewhere to stay he can have my villa, as you know it is only a one hour drive from you to me
ALL THE BEST
Bryan Another attempted break in - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:52 am

Totally agree, gutted that it has happened and hope the culprit/s get what's coming to them.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 am

So sorry to hear that this has happened yet again, especially as you do so much good for the country. I have no idea how you can be protected from such a break in. It must be hard for you not being with dougie, we send our best wishes.
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:00 am

I really hate burglars, and it always gave me a buzz to put a burglar away. They don't care about the heartache and upset they cause, not to mention the inconvienience of having to repair the damage and replace the items stolen. I just hate them and hope they get their just deserves. You would think with all the good you do someone would come forward to help find these scum. God bless you both and I hope all gets sorted out for you
Ray and Chris
Another attempted break in - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:42 am

Sorry to hear about yet another attempted burglary Berni ... I hope Dougie gets things sorted out. You must be absolutely sick of finding this every time you visit the house.

It's the constant thieving by little *****'s like this that contribute to giving Bulgaria a bad name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:39 am

What can I say Oddie? Its an absolutely awful tale. One has to ask why this is happening to you after all you have done for some disadvantaged Bulgarians. No words can express the contempt for the few who do these break-ins. Its hard to keep the faith but you must. H
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:55 am

oddball wrote:
Problem we have is we are out in the country 25km from the town. The local policeman checks the property every day - the neighbours go in ever 3 or 4 days so we have covered every aspect of security. Grills are the next stage now Another attempted break in - Page 2 794030042

So where was the local policeman who checks your property every day and your neighbour's who cover every aspect of security
Have you got an update from Dougie and did he stay in the house last night Another attempted break in - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:04 am

We are so sorry to hear of your attempted break in Berni. Anyone would feel as you do at the moment, like others on the forum we have nothing but contempt for the people that do this sort of thing. We were broken into in Turkey and so we know how it feels. We hope Dougie gets things sorted and you can get back to normal life over here in BG.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 am

s Today is a new day

Morning Guys thanks for support - today is a new day and things are still not great but have our thinking hats on now. The main thing now is Dougie is calm that is my top priority. He has taken control of the situation now and the clean up has started he will take small steps at a time. The policeman does his normal round and always goes by our place, naturally the place looks fine but there is no possibility of seeing the roof. Although neigbours have keys for this reason only or if we get locked out etc. They pop in from time to time to dust the cobwebs but never seem to go upstairs I simply cannot put the responsibility of looking after our house on them - It is far too much they are just gutted as it is. We feel bad as the village did not have crime before we moved in, now 3 attempts in two years and they have also broken into others houses and taken all the metal for scrap. We have done everything possible to protect the property and keep the neighbours from worrying, but still they find another way. We just have to put this down to another lesson to be learned and move on to making things more secure. We did have a housesitter at one time but that did no work out. They visited everyday to tend to their veg they did not use the main house only the small house/shed really but it cost Us a small fortune in electricy and water so that had to stop. They saw it as payment for them looking after our place. I am sure it will be fine Dougie is there for a good while now so maybe if they see the house lived in that might help.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:35 am

Maybe some geese or a couple of peacocks..believe it or not, both make very good 'watchdogs'..especially a gander with a few girlfriends!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another attempted break in

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next