altText

Residence Permit ( Help )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

Residence Permit ( Help ) Empty
PostSubject: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Hello All

Just a general question, we are due to go to Blagoavgrad tomorrow to renew our residence permit, and we will be issued with the new permit with the photo, will this document be looked upon any differently than the white permit that is issued on arrival here.

Does anybody have any experiences that they can share.

Many Thanks Darrell
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:49 pm

If anything, it should make things a little easier for you, as many places require photo ID and whilst the permit is not technically an identification document, it is almost always accepted as such, Mine is accepted by KAT, the local Municipal Office when paying vehicle tax etc.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Many Thanks bgbazz

We have just herd some terrible rumors that in some areas, they wont even look at the card, or accept it as any form of document.

Anymore feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

Darrell
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:03 pm

You are very welcome mate. The only place I've come across where the card isn't accepted is my bank..it was OK for over four years, but then the bank system was beefed up somewhat and things changed. I can withdraw any amount at any time with the card as ID, but making a deposit, I need my passport PLUS the card.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

When we renewed ours we got one without a photo but it lasts for 10 years. Yambol area.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:26 pm

As we all know, Bulgaria can be a rather strange place when it comes to official protocols..and by that I mean that each district can be quite different to it's neighbour. My city next door person holds a rather elevated position with the department which deals with foreign persons residing in this country and her response to these questions (which I took to her about 10 minutes ago) was as follows:

The length of the permit issued is directly related to how long the persons passport is valid for.

The photo system was introduced some years ago (in line with EU directives) and all renewals post 2010 should be in the new format.

Interestingly, she added that not all local offices have been following these directives and that this has caused some problems for foreign people leaving and seeking to re-enter Bulgaria at a later date.

Confusing, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Residence Permit ( Help )   Residence Permit ( Help ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Residence Permit ( Help )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1