altText
altText

Hunting Incident

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Hunting Incident Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Incident   Hunting Incident Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Novinite:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1 Injured in Bulgaria's Latest Hunting Incident: 1 Injured in Bulgaria's Latest Hunting Incident
One man is being treated for facial injuries in the Stara Zagora hospital after becoming victim of the latest hunting shooting incident in Bulgaria.
A Bulgarian man, 59, has been shot and injured during hunting in a string of similar incidents recently.

The news was reported Monday by the police in the central city of Stara Zagora.

The injured, T.D., has been taken to ER in Stara Zagora by the person, who shot him, A.K., 40.

The victim has serious facial injuries, but his life is not in danger.

The incident happened when A.K. has been aiming at a flying duck. Both had hunting licenses and permits to own hunting guns.

A.K. has tested negative for alcohol blood content, but is being held by the police for 24 hours.

Hunting accidents have been happening quite often in Bulgaria recently.

On January 8, a 64-year-old Bulgarian man passed away, three days after he was accidentally shot during a hunt near the southwestern village of Studena. The hunter's colleagues shot him in the head and the back while aiming at a wild boar.

A 73-old man died at the end of Decemebr after he was shot, presumably accidentally, by a fellow hunter. The fatal accident occurred during a hunt near the southwestern town of Simitli.

Also in December, two people, including the Executive Director of the state-owned National Sport Base EAD, shot each other to death during a hunt.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Hunting Incident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Incident   Hunting Incident Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 am

It's quite alarming to read about these incidents, especially when one considers what a 'hunter' has to go through to obtain a licence. Another thing I find a bit strange is the size of the hunting party..I have groups of men from the local 'club' come and shoot on my farm a couple of times a year and there is rarely less than 20 of them, plus their dogs, all going every which way! Up in the forested areas it seems to be the same, so it's little wonder that someone is going to get shot sooner or later. A recipe for disaster as has been more or less proven.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Hunting Incident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Incident   Hunting Incident Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:57 am

I was a weapons Instructor in the army amongst other things and the senior training instructor with the Army Air Corps in Canada, if you like I was as so to speak the "
Top Gun"
. Apart from my flying duties I trained soldiers in the art of tatics and weapons and firing these weopons on "
Live"
assualts which needed to be strictly controlled at alltimes.Weapon safety is above all the most important factor when firing live rounds in any event and self awareness and those around you is paramount.There is no such thing as an accident when it comes to firing weapons as you should carry out safety measures at all times. It's the un trained who kill and injure people by not being aware of what is going on around them or the location of others when taking a shot which there is no excuse for these so called accidents.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Hunting Incident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Incident   Hunting Incident Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:05 am

That's what I was getting at..large groups of shooters in conditions of restricted visibility plus a distinct lack of situational awareness leads to these hunting 'accidents' in most cases.. I spent just over 25 years in the military and can state, categorically, that there is no substitute for adequate training.
Back to top Go down
moonraker

Hunting Incident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Incident   Hunting Incident Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Hunters in US now have to wear red fluorescent hi-viz clothing to combat the same problem. By no means limited to BG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting Incident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Incident   Hunting Incident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Incident

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1