View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Here we come! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Here we come!   Here we come! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi

First of all since joining the forum in June last year thank you to everyone for their informative posts and advice given to posts that we ourselves have placed on the forum.

Well as we have now sold our house and have some funds together (not a huge amount) we have booked our tickets for travelling to Bulgaria in March to check out some regions and view some properties.

Unfortunately it is easier for us to travel from Manchester as we are "
up north"
than Gatwick which has meant the tickets were a little more expensive than if flying from the south.

The next stage now is to decide how to get to VT from Sofia. Checking out some estate agents in VT they indicate that they will collect you from the airport if going to view properties on their books, but will this tie our limited time entirely to them? Alternatively if we got a bus to VT we could then select individual properties from various estate agents for viewing, so not putting our eggs all in one baskets.

Any adice for options would be much appreciated.

Mr &
Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Here we come!   Here we come! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Chris wrote:
Equinus wrote:
At the moment we have not decided what hotel we will be staying in (ideally in the outskirts of VT) any suggestions gratefully received.

The wife and I stayed at the Gurko a few years ago. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the attached Mehana offers reasonably priced but good quality food and drinks.

It's actually down a quiet 'backwater' of VT, overlooking the river valley, but is actually only about a minute or two from the town centre.
[url:g4dra76i]http:
//www.
hotel-gurko.
com/index_en.
php[/url:g4dra76i]

As I say, it's a year or two since we've been there so maybe some of the other forum members can give a more up to date review!

We stayed at the Minotel Rashev in September and it was very nice, clean rooms and a top floor restaurant with edible food. Worth a look.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Here we come!   Here we come! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 pm

For comparison, reviews and booking I recommend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We stayed in Hotel Alegro which we thought was fabulous overlooking Marno Polo park and very close to the centre and sights but in a very quiet location. Lots of places to eat nearby and walking distance to anywhere including ágents-row! Fairly easy parking too if you hire a car when you get to VT. The staff at the Alegro speak English and are very helpful as I have found in all the Bulgarian hotels I have stayed in. Enjoy your trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here we come!   Here we come! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here we come!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Traveling to and around Bulgaria-