Decent beers in Bulgaria?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Decent beers in Bulgaria?   Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

My thirst for knowledge goes on ( I'll get my coat) , just wondering what the beer/lager is like out there and roughly what you'd pay for a pint in a typical village pub or even a bar owned by expats. Sorry for all these questions but Bulgaria is interesting me more and more.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Decent beers in Bulgaria?   Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 am

Rakiaplease wrote:
If it's the one I think it is, then I agree. It's quite a dark beer about 6% strengh ?

It certainly is Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 1536469901

Jolly nice it is too ... tastes a lot like a 'brown ale' type of beer. Couple of places in Sofia I know that sells it on draft ... but can make you wobbly after a couple of large glasses (6.5%)!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Decent beers in Bulgaria?   Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:10 am

Thats the one I was thinking of. My personal taste is for a stronger beer and it certainly 'hits the spot'. I noticed more and more bars selling it last year. I think it was about about 1 lev 70s.

All this typing is making me thristy. Might nip off for one Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 2334215883
Back to top Go down
hoseman
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Decent beers in Bulgaria?   Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm trying to remember the name of a dark, luscious beer I discovered last summer in one of the little beach bars at Kabakum. It may have had a German sounding name. Should have written it down but it resembled Newcastle Broon. Delicious! And strong!
Otherwise I prefer the slightly less acidic taste of Shumensko over Zagorka or Kamenitsa.
It's all a matter of taste of course, but some people seem to get stuck in a rut beer-wise, and miss out on the increasing variety that's out there. I would say: try something different next time ( and if you don't like it, leave it for me!). Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 1995268642
Back to top Go down
http://www.beachfront-apartment.co.uk
Scanspeak
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Decent beers in Bulgaria?   Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am

Stolichno is pretty strong, yeah, so be careful. Its a bock. I remember when I ordered it for the first time - was very pleasant and after only 3 cans I discovered that it was like I`ve got 6-7 regular beers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Totally ruined ( in a nice way ) my plan to drive to Blagoevgrad next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decent beers in Bulgaria?   Decent beers in Bulgaria? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decent beers in Bulgaria?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3