HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Just wondering, just out of interest what's Plovdiv like during the summer and winter and how does it compare to elsewhere in BG? thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Check this out, it should give you a very rough idea:
[url:4u2s33ek]http:
//www.
worldweatheronline.
com/Plovdiv-weather-averages/Plovdiv/BG.
aspx[/url:4u2s33ek]

Obviously, closer to the Greek or Turkish border is much warmer all year than a more central location.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Cheers Chris T. Does anyone know of any sites that you can compere the weather in various cities in Bulgaria to London. What big(ish) cities in Bulgaria are close to Greece and Turkey? Sorry i'm still a novice at all things Bulgarian.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Super Fulham wrote:
Cheers Chris T. Does anyone know of any sites that you can compere the weather in various cities in Bulgaria to London. What big(ish) cities in Bulgaria are close to Greece and Turkey? Sorry i'm still a novice at all things Bulgarian.

Try Accu Weather. Just put in name after name in the box and you can then compare g
Back to top Go down
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:40 am

Thank you Tony .
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 am

Just a quick answer regarding Plovdiv. Summer delivers temps similar to much of the flatter areas away from the coast..usually around 34-35 degrees with some days a little above or below this. Last winter we copped minus 25 degrees a couple of times, but that was unusual..the previous four winters were milder with a few minus 8 degrees overnight, warming to 2 or 3 during the day.

We don't cop huge snow storms and the roads are kept open, with few exceptions.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:40 am

Very informative Bgbazz, thanks. Might even try to get out there next year to start getting a bit of first hand info.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 am

You're welcome..give me a heads up when you decide and I'll make sure I'm free to help you around the place.

Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Even though our village of Mindya is not near the coast and in the Stara Planina mountains we usually miss the worst of the weather because we are surrounded by the mountains. It is known by the Bulgarians as having a kind of micro-climate. For instance, a lot of Bulgaria is having snow and very cold temperatures at the moment and a lot of wind whilst here we have only a smattering of snow and little wind. It could change overnight as the climate does all over Bulgaria. You can rest assured that the winters everywhere are cold! I remember one year people 'down south' were gloating that it was always much milder where they were. Guess what??? It will be very cold in Bulgaria - fact. In summer it will be very hot - fact.
Forgot to mention that every year is different so no guarantees. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Well, if we are going to be factual, it may be more correct to say that winters CAN be very cold in Bulgaria and that summers CAN be very hot in Bulgaria, but it is really a question of relativity. The first two winters that I spent here were far milder than the UK.and those two summers were about on a par with where I lived in the UK. (Newark, Notts) Since then I've experienced varied weather patterns and have come to adapt with what Mother Nature chooses to throw at me..for instance whilst my friends in the UK are complaining about snow and ice on their roads and properties, here in Plovdiv I'm seeing overnight temps around zero, warming up to 7 or 8 during the day..my workers are still out plowing and seeding the fields.

Please, don't let us get caught up in the extremes ...my memories of people freezing to death in the UK during a cold snap are very fresh!

Last edited by 140 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicated sentence)
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 pm

bgbazz wrote:
You're welcome..give me a heads up when you decide and I'll make sure I'm free to help you around the place.

Bazz I am given you prior notice SILISTRA May and Sept Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797 Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 2381841692 I believe there is a roofing project there g
Back to top Go down
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 pm

bgbazz wrote:

if I do get over , I'll defo give you a shout Bazz, treat you to a few beers, I trust the Bulgarian beer is better than Fosters Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 511078427
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Super Fulham wrote:
bgbazz wrote:

if I do get over , I'll defo give you a shout Bazz, treat you to a few beers, I trust the Bulgarian beer is better than Fosters Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 511078427

Anything is better than Fosters Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 2032457431 Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797 Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797 Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Super Fulham wrote:
bgbazz wrote:

Neither of your beers are as good as a glass of British real ale. Oh for a pint of Theakston's Old Peculiar!!

Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797 Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
Super Fulham wrote:
bgbazz wrote:

Neither of your beers are as good as a glass of British real ale. Oh for a pint of Theakston's Old Peculiar!!

Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797 Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? 1865348797

Itchy have you tried our sponsors here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] might be worth contacting him and see if he could help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?   Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the warmest place in Bulgaria during the winter?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next