altText

Can anyone help please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Can anyone help please? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:47 pm

I have just bought a new satellite receiver box but its not receiving! Now its not a card type and we thought it should just connect to the dish and away we go. Well nothing happens. We have connected to the TV with a USB. We have followed the instructions several times and we have got as far as 'tuning'. It keeps coming up 'no data'. We have tried the 3 things they suggest but no luck. The auto-tuning seems to need instructions about frequency and bandwidth which does appear but doesn't work so I think we have to know this. Am I correct and how on earth do we find this out? I think we need a 'techie' but before finding someone I thought I'd try here.
We've asked the village IT expert but he seems to think we need a card. The box doesn't have a slot for one because we are only wanting to pick up the 'Free' programmes we had before our old box blew up. Since the satellite dish is pointing the same way it was before, could it be that a connection has come loose in the dish? I hesitate to mention this to my Hero as we have already nearly come to blows over its non-working!!
This is only an auxillary TV and box in the bedroom for me in the winter so not to worry too much. The box is a NEO and cost 56levs from Technomarket and it seems okay.
Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:41 am

There is nothing wrong with your dish I suspect because it worked before and if you havn't meddled with it it should be fine.The Neo Satelite box should have come with installation instructions and it should give you a description of the box.Now normally with these boxes there is a card slot and can be well hidden on the item like a small flap that can blend in with it's cabinate.It sounds like your TV is hunting for a siganal or frequencies as it is not receiving anything from the box because on "
Auto tune"
if there was a signal from the box it would pick it up.Let me know how you get on and if it is unsuccessful give me the model number of the Neo box and I will try and come up with the answer.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:53 am

Here's a very long shot to consider..on your telly remote there should be a button marked "
source"
..with everything turned "
on"
, try clicking that button a few times and see what you get. On all of my sets (4) that button changes things between settings from cable, dish, VCR/DVD and standard antenna.

Like I said. it's a long shot..but it costs nothing to try.

Can anyone help please? 3367882216
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 am

bgbazz....am i right in thinking thats on the modern flat screen tv,s....no tthe older sets 10yrs old say ??
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Pretty much any tv which can operate on multiple sources..terrestrial antenna, satellite dish, cable, AV etc. They generally have a remote handset (but not always) with the source button on it and the user can switch between signal sources as they wish. I have my main tv, which is around 10 years old, set up to use with terrestrial, cable and AV (dvd or vcr) and use the source button on the remote to change between each one. The other, younger flat screen, lcd models use the same setup.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for the replies. My TV set is old and doesn't have a button saying 'source' on the remote. It worked on our old satellite box and the new satellite box works until searching for channels. I have followed the instructions but cannot get past 'Database empty.' There is no place for a card because it is only for free channels. The box definitely doesn't have one. The model is NEO DVB-T50.
The instructions for connecting the box are not clear. We connected the antenna to the box and have connected the scart to the TV scart on the box and TV but then it says to connect the unit to the TV with the supplied cable. How is this done because the supplied cable has 3 outlets, red, yellow and white? Surely the scart should be enough? There is a place on the front of the TV seemingly for this and holes on the back of the box but they are marked SPDIF, CVBS, audio R and audio L. There is a USB port on the front too. Now what on earth does all this mean? We have never used these before and its unclear about how we go about this. I think I'll have to call someone in to sort us out!!! Help. I thought it would be so simple like the last box which finally gave up the ghost. Can anyone help please? 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Oh well - its finding a techie here now since none of you seem to know what I'm on about. There is an alternative to Bulsatcom or Vivacom which doesn't cost anything if you don't mind everything being in another language. The FREE programmes do have BBC World and Euronews though. I just need to get the satellite dish to co-operate with the box! I know its possible because I had it before. Can anyone help please? 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please?   Can anyone help please? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help please?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Computing, Internet, Mobile phones, TV and Satellite-