altText

Gadgets and things

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Guys

Can I have your opinion on this gadget that is on ebay please. I am not sure it is what I am looking for. I was thinking as additional security in our place in BG. but this sounds too simple Gadgets and things 3135333095 so was wondering if I am missing something ie the catch :Gadgets and things 3897195628:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 1423.l2649
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 am

To be honest you are better off with motion detector lamps as they serve two purposes.Firstly they are a deterant to any would be intruder as Billy the burglar hates being lit up and secondly they are handy if you need to go out side during the dark hours.One more thing I have three coach lamps which are as above and they look nice. I paid around 50 Leva on special for two of them and 90 leva normal price.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am

speedgunner wrote:
To be honest you are better off with motion detector lamps as they serve two purposes.Firstly they are a deterant to any would be intruder as Billy the burglar hates being lit up and secondly they are handy if you need to go out side during the dark hours.One more thing I have three coach lamps which are as above and they look nice. I paid around 50 Leva on special for two of them and 90 leva normal price.

He sppedgunner missed you this year at the Garden Party hope all is well with you. Thanks for the info, yes we have security lights and cot alarm systems but was just wondering about these Mini usb dvr's. What I really want is something that links us to the villa so we can see what is going on (fly on he wall sort of thing) everyone is telling me I can do his via the computer but I have no got a clue - being a mere woman and all that Gadgets and things 1865348797
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 am

Hi Berni
As I said in my skype to you the picture you posted of the USB is a small hand held that record for a few minutes and you play back on a PC,
what you are looking for is something like this:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... lance.html

there various versions and different set ups available, and would suggest that a qualified surveillance engineer installs not as simple as the instructions make out,The PC connected to it will have to be on all the time, so you have the problem of power cuts, battery back ups re sets and all that Jazz.......

Bill
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Berni
and would suggest that a qualified surveillance engineer installs not as simple as the instructions make out

Bill's right. That's the kind of thing you need, but they are a nightmare to set up correctly.

In the end, we had our alarm system wired by a company who are based at the Police Station in Kotel. If the alarm goes off, somebody (usually the Police themselves) will be at the house within 2 minutes (any time day or night). This costs me a very reasonable annual fee but a huge amount of 'piece of mind'!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks Guy

Appreciate the info. I will give it all a miss we have the alarm system and steel doors and shutters and the local bobby checking on route every day, plus we have the neighbor regularly checking too. But the neighbors are still very concerned we will get broken into again - Just before the Garden Party last year we were broken into, even with metal doors with 10 locks on. they still managed to open it. Thankfully the alarm system scared them off, but they did so much damage and cost us a small penny to fix. I have reassured the villagers we have done all we can now for security but they still go on about camera via the phone and the pc. the culprits have been caught and now imprison but still the neighbors worry.

I think the only option is to go live there g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 pm

oddball wrote:
Thanks Guy

Appreciate the info. I will give it all a miss we have the alarm system and steel doors and shutters and the local bobby checking on route every day, plus we have the neighbor regularly checking too. But the neighbors are still very concerned we will get broken into again - Just before the Garden Party last year we were broken into, even with metal doors with 10 locks on. they still managed to open it. Thankfully the alarm system scared them off, but they did so much damage and cost us a small penny to fix. I have reassured the villagers we have done all we can now for security but they still go on about camera via the phone and the pc. the culprits have been caught and now imprison but still the neighbors worry.

I think the only option is to go live there g

You come out and live here :Handshake:It is a lovely place to retire to H
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 am

What about a Dummy camera and sign? that is what I have done with UK properties over here
another deterrent
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
What about a Dummy camera and sign? that is what I have done with UK properties over here
another deterrent
Bill

Now that is a good idea - we are as safe as we can get but it's just the neighbours bless them, they worry so will get it sorted for sure thanks Bill :Love1:
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 am

Got mine here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ml?page=16
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm

T
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 am

I once worked for a company that spent a small fortune on 8 x CCTV cameras, all rigged up to an expensive recording device.

The first night, all 8 cameras were stolen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The cheeky chaps even had the gall to wave into the cameras before snipping the wires.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Chris wrote:
I once worked for a company that spent a small fortune on 8 x CCTV cameras, all rigged up to an expensive recording device.

The first night, all 8 cameras were stolen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The cheeky chaps even had the gall to wave into the cameras before snipping the wires.

:Roll laugh: :Roll laugh: :LOL2:fab!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

ohhhhhhhhh I bought me a tablet - looks fab not sure what to do with it yet Gadgets and things 3135333095 I was very brave and turned it on. What pretty colours. Tomorrow I might have another go Gadgets and things 3998065313 Not that great with tech stuff my phones is something out of the ark too g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:47 am

Which one did you get? We have three of them..two are Google Nexus 7, which are brilliant performers and an Asus Transformer Infinity which is slightly larger, with its own dock/keyboard. (that's what I'm using to type this).

Don't be afraid to play around on it. Gadgets and things 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gadgets and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgets and things   Gadgets and things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gadgets and things

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next