altText

Yet another septic tank question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ellisn
Junior user
Junior user

Yet another septic tank question Empty
PostSubject: Yet another septic tank question   Yet another septic tank question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 am

Hi, read as much as I can find on this issue and see there are arguments for septic tanks v cespits. Like the look of the Sewage Solutions BG option. And when I get to this point will get in touch with them, was just wondering, they do the installation so is it best to have the toilet and plumbing intsalled first so they can connect to this. Just trying to get my head round the order I need to get things done. Want to be able to stay there on visits to BG, rather spend money on the house rather than hotels, so in the spring will be looking to just get it liveable for now.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Yet another septic tank question   Yet another septic tank question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am

Before you start paying out. You need to check what was there before and did it work. If it did then where is the problem just might need upgrading. Some of these old installations in BG work just fine. We tend to empty ours 3 times a year but I know of people that have never bothered. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
ellisn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Yet another septic tank question   Yet another septic tank question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi, at the moment it is outside shed, i'm sure it works ok but I always worry that some creature might jump out and bite my bottom :Alone:
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Yet another septic tank question   Yet another septic tank question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Cesspits are currently being 'phased out' in many EU countries and folks that have them are having to have a 'proper' septic tank installed that matches EU regs.

I can only think it will only be a matter of time before BG adopts this legislation and all 'pits' will have to be replaced with septic tanks (this happened in France a few years ago and now it's illegal to sell a property with a pit without declaring it as the new owners will have to install a septic tank immediately)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
ellisn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Yet another septic tank question   Yet another septic tank question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks for the info Chris, yes septic tanks seem a more future proof option, more expensive but not if you end up having to pay for a pit then replace in a few years time or when you sell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another septic tank question   Yet another septic tank question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another septic tank question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1