England beat the All Blacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

England beat the All Blacks Empty
PostSubject: England beat the All Blacks   England beat the All Blacks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 pm

England 38-21 New Zealand[size=150:3ekggliu]

England pulled off one of the great victories in their history as they destroyed world champions New Zealand at a rejoicing Twickenham.
The All Blacks had been unbeaten in 20 matches but were completely outplayed as second-half tries from Brad Barritt, Chris Ashton and Manu Tuilagi snuffed out a brief comeback.
Three penalties and a drop-goal from Owen Farrell gave England a 15-0 lead after 42 minutes, only for tries from Julian Savea and Kieran Read to make it 15-14.
Match analysis by Matt Dawson a Former England rugby international and 5 live pundit said: "
I can see this being maybe the greatest England victory, ever, at Twickenham. Nothing is springing to mind where they have annihilated the world's best team as they have today. "
England harried, hounded and were just relentless. They said to New Zealand 'we will tackle you wherever you go and then we'll pinch the ball and see if we can live off scraps'. New Zealand cracked.

"
I think I have been to every single England game at Twickenham since I was 14. This was by far the best game I've seen. It's the best performance by an England side considering the opposition and considering what this team has been through, particularly over the last two weeks. Absolutely magnificent - it was an absolutely astonishing performance to win by 17 points."

But there was no denying a hugely impressive England, who secured their first win over the All Blacks in nine years - only their seventh in history.

Stuart Lancaster's men were superior in every department;
their scrum excellent, their breakdown immense and their defence relentless.

A late try from Savea was barely a consolation for the visitors, the final margin of 17 points a new record for the men in white.

Congratulations to the English team, a wonderful result.

England beat the All Blacks 570106603 England beat the All Blacks 570106603 England beat the All Blacks 570106603
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: England beat the All Blacks   England beat the All Blacks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 am

itchyfeet wrote:
England 38-21 New Zealand

England pulled off one of the great victories in their history as they destroyed world champions New Zealand at a rejoicing Twickenham.
The All Blacks had been unbeaten in 20 matches but were completely outplayed as second-half tries from Brad Barritt, Chris Ashton and Manu Tuilagi snuffed out a brief comeback.
Three penalties and a drop-goal from Owen Farrell gave England a 15-0 lead after 42 minutes, only for tries from Julian Savea and Kieran Read to make it 15-14.
Match analysis by Matt Dawson a Former England rugby international and 5 live pundit said: "
I can see this being maybe the greatest England victory, ever, at Twickenham. Nothing is springing to mind where they have annihilated the world's best team as they have today. "
England harried, hounded and were just relentless. They said to New Zealand 'we will tackle you wherever you go and then we'll pinch the ball and see if we can live off scraps'. New Zealand cracked.

"
I think I have been to every single England game at Twickenham since I was 14. This was by far the best game I've seen. It's the best performance by an England side considering the opposition and considering what this team has been through, particularly over the last two weeks. Absolutely magnificent - it was an absolutely astonishing performance to win by 17 points."

But there was no denying a hugely impressive England, who secured their first win over the All Blacks in nine years - only their seventh in history.

Stuart Lancaster's men were superior in every department;
their scrum excellent, their breakdown immense and their defence relentless.

A late try from Savea was barely a consolation for the visitors, the final margin of 17 points a new record for the men in white.

England beat the All Blacks 570106603 England beat the All Blacks 570106603 England beat the All Blacks 570106603

Come on itchyfeet, you're not sexist are you, what about a wonderful result from this lot then
The England Ladies Team who also achieved a 32 - 23 win

[size=150:1kbh964k]Delight for England women as 32-23 win completes series whitewash over New Zealand and caps memorable day at Twickenham

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... z2Dqv8YNxg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: England beat the All Blacks   England beat the All Blacks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 am

willowsend wrote:
itchyfeet wrote:
England 38-21 New Zealand

Come on itchyfeet, you're not sexist are you, what about a wonderful result from this lot then
The England Ladies Team who also achieved a 32 - 23 win

[size=150:dbidgiu5]Delight for England women as 32-23 win completes series whitewash over New Zealand and caps memorable day at Twickenham

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... z2Dqv8YNxg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I try not to be sexist willow but didn't know the women were playing as well. From me and Annette hearty congratulations to the Women's team, New Zealand must be licking their wounds this morning. As for seeing the matches it's bad enough over here to view the English Rugby Union let alone the Women's one as well!! BG is no different to most other countries where football rules the waves and anything else is not worth watching.

STOP PRESS: I have seen the Dagenham Girl Pipers playing the Bagpipes and they make a good job of that as well, it's not easy for men to play them, let alone women.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England beat the All Blacks   England beat the All Blacks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

England beat the All Blacks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1