Mouses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 am

J have aquired an unwelcomed guest in my house, a mouse! My wife first spotted a few mouse droppings on the kitchen work bench and this week a few more. Today I was sitting with one of my kittens "
Gizzy"
in the living room and heard a soft noise coming from behind my TV wooden unit and Gizzy hopped off my lap to investigate. I got my Maglite torch and there sitting on my multi socket was a tiny black mouse who quickly vanished once I had lit him up with the torch. I have now employed "
Alfie"
who is one of my Spring kittens who is a black belt in mousing and brought him into the house.So far he has managed to fall asleep on my sofa so I am going to sack him and invest in a few mouse traps ASAP.I know in the cartoons they place cheese in these traps but does anyone know of an irristable morsal if cheese is not the answer? If you have had mice how did you get rid of them as I am sure it must be a common problem here leaving your doors open in the hot weather.
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:59 am

I have a lot of problems with mice in the UK , i keep plants in the house ( about 100+ ) in a room that is kept at 30 degrees with growlights....( sounds a bit dodgy doesnt it.....) Its a lovely warm place for mice to live,
The plants are outside in the summer and are growing in coco fiber , the mice move into the coco fiber and when i bring the plants in the mice often come too, Ive tried to scare them from the pots before moving them but they often stay in the pots.
In the growroom , ive ended up with a sonic mouse scarer , its the only way to get them to go they come back without it

For mouse traps , ive found shortbread biscuits , on the traps, but it needs to be superglued on the trap or they just eat it and dont set the traps off

Electronic battery power rat / mouse zappers work with sunflower seeds in one end, they cant ignore sunflower seeds to get them to go in the trap

Im not anti mice, but i cant stand them eating my chilli plants and citrus off the trees ( no its not cannabis in the grow room....its lemon orange and lime trees!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:02 am

Had great success with peanut butter....they can't run off with it!
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 am

I will try some peanut butter and a hammer! T
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am

We find that a raisin/sultana works well, or a small piece of chocolate - not that there's usually any spare in
my house! c
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm

we have five cats that patrol on a night. their very good but i dont really liketo listen to them crunching. Yuck! Mouses 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
justbazz1

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm

A chunk of Bulgarian Salami, tied to the tongue of the trap with cotton has caught me quite a few..the mice (miski) have to work really hard to get it off...Gotcha!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I had a problem mouse, it took a fancy to packets of jelly, must have had a sweet tooth. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 am

Well I went to my local shop in the village to see if they had any traps and she handed me a tube of glue to my supprise! It had on it "
ATRAPRAT"
and the instructions are in English and all you do is get a piece of cardboard zig zag the glue on it and place a snack in the middle, cost is 1lev.I put three pieces of cardboard down last night , one in the living room one on the kitchen work suface and one on the floor by the fridge. Woke up this morning and looked at the one in the living room and nothing, went down to the kitchen and "
Presto"
! There was a "
Micky"
writhing around on the cardboard covered in glue doing the back stroke, so I picked up the cardboard with it's passenger and put it to one sde wondering what do do with it. I looked on top of the work surface and "
Bingo"
there was another one doing the side crawl and getting no where, and like the other it was covered in glue. So what do I do with them? I could throw them out to the cats but I don't think the mice covered in glue would be the answer as it could cause the cats a problem or a kitten. I didn't fancy bashing them as that seemed a bit cruel and painful . I could have given them a nice soapy bath to get the glue off and let them go but I thought no so I electricuted them with my Taser which was a swift death and wasn't cruel. The glue is not harmful if touched or ingested but it is really runny so be aware that has the same constituancy of treacle.I have a half a tube of this stuff left as it came as 100gm tube and for a Lev it is well worth it.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 am

You can also buy a ready made glue trap..Alati sells them down here..works the same way but without you needing to prepare anything. The problem of assassination still remains though.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 am

beautifulangel wrote:
we have five cats that patrol on a night. their very good but i dont really liketo listen to them crunching. Yuck! Mouses 1865348797

Must admit would prefer to deal with crunching sounds of mouse being eaten by a cat than a sticky mouse that then has to be dispatched as Speedgunner had to deal with.

Note to oneself - Do not visit Speedgunner when we come over to BG in March, last thing I want is to be zapped with a Taser at my age!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mouses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouses   Mouses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mouses

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life in Bulgaria-