altText

Chuggers and the Like

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Chuggers and the Like Empty
PostSubject: Chuggers and the Like   Chuggers and the Like Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 am

There has been a bit of press about 'Chuggers' the people that mug you in the High Street for charity.

What about the never ending Ad's on TV for give a few quid to develop water in hot climates. Is this not the same.

My question here is what ever happened to all the money that has been given in the past :Headbang:and how much money actually gets to the good causes.

Ok over to you guys c
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Chuggers and the Like   Chuggers and the Like Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm

on the bottom of the dogs trust ads it used to say they gaurenteedto give 10p out of every pound donated to the animals, so i would say not much. When my dad was employed as a security guard for a charity one of there accountants told him that by law they only have to give 10%. dont know how true this is, but goes to show theres alot of fat cats getting rich of other peoples suffering. Chuggers and the Like 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Chuggers and the Like   Chuggers and the Like Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:22 pm

All charities take about 17-20% of the pound donated on admin in one form or another. The biggest taker is UNICEF which takes 25%. The only one who gives an apology for taking 17% is Great Ormond Street Hospital. They have the honesty to say, “If we did not spend the 17 pence we would not get the 83 pence.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuggers and the Like   Chuggers and the Like Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chuggers and the Like

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-