Winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:01 am

I have been informed by friends who have lived here for 6 years or so that this Winter should be a mild one as last Winter was a hard one. Any thoughts to the likely outcome?
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:09 am

The weather here in Bulgaria can be so unpredictable it could well be mold but on the other hand it could be harsh, sometime the locals have an idea about how the weather will be and although they have lived here all their lives can often be wrong. I'm afraid its in the hands of the gods. Winter 2581928987
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:18 am

Exactly - its in the hands of whoever is up there! This time last year we went from heat to snow overnight with about 3inches fallen in our area. Didn't last long but we had little autumn weather. Straight to winter. So far very mild still for October even though the villagers were predicting an early start to winter. Who knows? What will happen is that we will have cold and snow at some point its just a question of when and for how long.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 am

K sar ra sar ra what ever will be will be.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Looks like winter is slowly coming. So a few thoughts about the Do's.

Do check/ change the battery in the smoke and CO2 Alarms, haven't got them then do.

Make sure the chimney is clean before you put that boiler on.

Have you got fire fighting equipment near the wood store. Don't forget if you live in a village the fire brigade are not just a 5 minute ride away.

Have you got sufficient supplies of the basics. Being snowed in is no fun even worse when you are cold and hungry. :Snow window: :Snow window: :Snow window:
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 am

Here in the UK it is just rain, rain,rain.
Fortunately for me I have got myself prepared with speedos and snorkel at the ready!!!! Winter 1865348797 Winter 2381841692 Winter 1865348797

Mr Eq
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Equinus wrote:
Here in the UK it is just rain, rain,rain.
Fortunately for me I have got myself prepared with speedos and snorkel at the ready!!!! Winter 1865348797 Winter 2381841692 Winter 1865348797

Mr Eq

This coming Winter will be our first here in BG. We have been working tirelessly for the past few months to ensure that we are as safe as possible during the cold times. This has meant totally enclosing and insulating the soil pipe and cementing endless amounts of crazy paving which are now on the lower parts of the walls. My last job was new electric wiring for the woodburner pump and installing the UPS system in readiness for a power cut when the woodburner is in full use. The cheapest and easiest thing was to purchase a new metal bucket and a good piece of rope for getting water out of the well in case the mains water freezes. So now it is a case of fingers crossed and hope that we have thought of everything and done everything possible to make our life here this winter as easy as we can make it.

c g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Well I have always said get a smoke alarm and a CO2 detector, though I must admit that sometimes I think these things are over hyped. But last night we had Gale force winds in BG and as a result the wind was in the right direction in order to blow down inside my chimney causing smoke to emit into the boiler room, mainly because the boiler was damped down for night and not burning as such but just smouldering along. Fortunately we have a CO2 detector in the bedroom so the CO2 that was being produced was detected and the the harsh scream from the machine was heard and alerted us. It was 2 am but rather that and suffer a long, long sleep. If this ever happens to you then you must open as many windows and outside doors that you can in order for the bad air to be removed. Do not go back to bed until the CO2 detector re-starts to flash a green (Safe mode) light. Stay safe and healthy.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Glad your detector did it's job. g If these things are available we should use them, as you have shown.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Just watching the news and it seems some of you are copping some nasty weather. Hope you are all battened down and safe. We've had a warm sunny last couple of days with nothing more than a fresh breeze, so it's hard to imagine what has been happening just a couple of hours drive away.

Stay safe folks. Winter 3386807041
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 pm

we've had strong wind now for three days but nothing like vt area. fingers crossed they dont get hit by any more. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:21 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
we've had strong wind now for three days but nothing like vt area. fingers crossed they dont get hit by any more. s

We hope it doesn't come back as we live in the VT area, I understand that Gabrovo had it the worst at 124 Km per hour.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:47 am

Seems it strange weather everywhere, we had brilliant sunshine yesterday morning than late afternoon snow and sleet followed by rain Winter 3135333095 Today :Sunny:again - it a game of big coat small coat these days Winter 2381841692 Roll on summer
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Our weather forecast yesterday was for 14C and it ended up being 4C, the forecast for next week was all in double figures. This morning we find that the forecast for next week has been changed into single figures, shame, I was enjoying the warmer climate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter   Winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1