Car Hire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 am

My friend's wife runs a riding school and on Thursday a group of seven are arriving at Sofia airport to attend her school.Her husband has tried to hire a seven seater mini bus to pick this group up and transport them from the airport to thier school some four hours drive away to the East near Vulchi Dol.They do hire mini buses here in Bulgaria but have so far refused to hire them one because of the distance involved!! I think that these hire companies need to look at the UK to get a handle on "
Car hire"
business as in the UK the hire companies would bite your hand off for the job! So the only answer is that someone is going to have to meet the group and catch a train to transport them back. Also my mate who lives near Dobrich had some family come to visit and hired two cars from a local firm in Burgas where they landed.The hire cars were very late and the passengers were stranded at the airport until the cars turned up, these cars were hired over the internet.To top it all which was unfortrunate one of the cars broke down and they managed to get to my mates house at 3am having arrived at Burgas airport around 6pm the previous evening.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:55 am

Are they trying the cheaper local firms or sticking to Hertz, Avis, Budget and Thrifty and other familiar companies?
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 am

There are plenty of very good car hire co's in Bg that are run by Bulgarians and I always try to put any money I spend in their pockets since its the Bulgarians who have the least.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:09 am

Totally agree with you there my friend, but often they don't have a large, diverse fleet and one is forced to broaden the search. Most of the mini bus type of vehicles come with a driver which can be a bonus, especially if he/she speaks English.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 am

I spoke to my mate yesterday and asked him if he tried everywhere to hire a mini bus and the answer was yes! He had even tried the big companies with no luck.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 am

Just as a matter of interest, five minutes ago made a 'phantom' booking with Budget for a 9 seater mini bus. I was offered a choice of four or so different brands of vehicles, unlimited mileage road tax, insurance, free breakdown cover etc etc. Not terribly cheap, but easy enough to get.

I did cancel the booking staight away, in case anyone is worried.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:52 am

I shall print out about your "
Phantom"
booking and when I see my mate next I will show him, thanks.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:48 am

I did it out of curiosity more than anything else, because I've seen people driving them around in Plovdiv. Hope it all works out and you get what you need.

Car Hire 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Hire   Car Hire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Hire

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1