computer playing up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

computer playing up Empty
PostSubject: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 pm

mmm my computer keeps shutting down, so its either on the way out or in need of a clean. but if its on its way out, is it possible to save programmes that i pay for ie, hdi, tv connections and put them on the new computer, if so how do you do it. computer playing up 927475117
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:01 pm

mine kept shutting itself down because it was getting so hot ...maybe its that ...
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:09 pm

could be that. i get all my tv through the computer, just dont want to lose those that i actually pay for. computer playing up 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 pm

can you save them on to a usb stick
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:27 pm

i have not got a clue [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i need someone to tell me if it can be done and how. g
Back to top Go down
TNT1
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:33 pm

You could try this first .

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 am

From the brief description it is difficult to point you in right direction,
What is the PC? Laptop or tower? what operating system- Xp - win 7

So you are just saying, it just.. out of the blue... "
Windows is now shutting down"
... and it's now off?
Does it matter what you are doing?
Do you see a blue screen?
I would suspect overheating, power supply problem
Dust, the number 1 enemy of computers...

Moving /saving files have a look here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bill
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 am

its a laptop ( not this one) used only for downloaded television, windows 7. the laptop is still under warranty but my concern is that it may shut down and not come back on, i have had this happen to my own laptop and lost all my pictures. the paid for tv subscriptions are on that one laptop and i dont know what to do if it shuts down. :Very sad:im not very technical either. computer playing up 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:03 am

I use a big Acer laptop with a 19"
screen and it used to get very hot at times, so I went to Technopolis and purchased a cooling stand for it. The one I have is a 'Notepal' by cooler master and has three fans all blowing upwards to the bottom of the laptop..runs via a USB cable and conveniently places the laptop at a comfy angle for typing. No more overheating! I also blow the dust out of both using a gentle air nozzle application..amazing how much crud comes out! From memory the cost was around 55leva, but there are a number of other brands which were cheaper at the time.

Trust this is useful. g
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:10 am

thanks bgbazz, the laptop is on a cooling tray, we bought it at the same time as the computer. T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:45 am

Good you have that tray..next step I would try is a good clean out with the air nozzle. Do you have the CPU temp monitor installed?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 am

eh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am

Not quite sure what that answer means, but just in case you don't have it, I'll make myself look stupid and tell you how to get it.

Go to your desktop, right click, select gadgets, click on CPU meter and instal it. It will show up on the desktop and looks like a series of little clock faces with the needles [hands] moving about..it will also give you a percentage reading. At the moment, mine are indicating between 6 and 11%.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:20 am

:Thank you:i will get my other half to take a look. g
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 am

for a quick fix clean, switch the lap top off, get a hair drier and put on high speed (Cold air of course) and direct it through the fan vents and any open sections of the case. it does the same job as the cans of compressed air you can buy.

I presume that the paid for TV subscription sent you an installation programme? in which case save that programme to a USB stick so in the event of breakdown you can re install as you did when you first purchased it
Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computer playing up   computer playing up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

computer playing up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next