Scrumping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 am

My wife and I went out in the truck to find the odd apple tree that was on the road side and we found one.This apple tree stood on a grass verge by the road and outside a house.A large number of apples had fallen from the tree onto the grass verge and a fair few left on it so we decided to pick a few and pick up a few of the fallen apples for our horse.As we were doing this a lady came out of the house and started having a go at us in a heated manner.Now as I understand it if the tree is not in or on anybodys property then it is perfectly legal to reap the fruits of that tree.I was taken by supprise by this ladies reaction and tried to ignore her until she slapped my hand and I retaliated with my index finger pointing at her giving her in English some sound advice.A male relative of the not so lady came out through the garden gate who was taken back by the ladies reaction to me.He tried to explain that that use this fruit for themselves which would have been understandable if there wasn't so much of it on the ground.Dog in the manger sprang to mind! Well if my Bulgarian had been better I could have cleared the problem up but all I could do was to use gestures and a small amount of Bulgarian which was frustrating. I must confess my wife had to stuff me into the truck before I lost the plot and we drove away with me cursing under my breath and you would think as a former police officer I would know better!

The question is "
Did I have the right to take those apples"
?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 am

if you went scrumping (uk) between 1791 and 1892 you would have been deported to australia, this law has never been repealed so technically scrumping is illegal. it has become an accepted practice. Scrumping 3135333095

dont know the law in bulgaria, but to avoid anymore confrontations with the locals.....................

play safe and go to kauflands. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Not particularly partial to apples personally, but Kaufland had some lovely ones last time I was there.

Scrumping 1536469901 s s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 am

Oooh ahhhhhh sounds like you was scrumping Scrumping 3998065313 Scrumping 1865348797 speedgunner at least you did not have to climb any trees Scrumping 2381841692
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:09 am

I find it easier to just grow my own..apple trees grow really quickly if looked after properly and can be bought very cheaply here. I think I paid about 4 leva for a 'stick' two years ago and right now she has 35 or 40 apples which will be ready in a few days time. Best method is to get two or more different varieties because of their funny pollination requirements.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 am

Sorry I didn't make it quite clear as these apples are not for me but for my Horse.She eats them like they are going out of fashion and a half dozen doesn't quite cut the mustard for her! Windfalls are great,anything so long as they are not rotten. I have been lucky as a neighbour heard of my plight and came to the rescue as she had more apples than she could handle and brought me two large coal sacks full and a tree for the picking when I am ready for them;
-)
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:42 am

speedgunner wrote:
Sorry I didn't make it quite clear as these apples are not for me but for my Horse.She eats them like they are going out of fashion and a half dozen doesn't quite cut the mustard for her! Windfalls are great,anything so long as they are not rotten. I have been lucky as a neighbour heard of my plight and came to the rescue as she had more apples than she could handle and brought me two large coal sacks full and a tree for the picking when I am ready for them;
-)

Fantastic!!! delighted to hear there is a good ending so really, it was well worth the trip out and the old girl tell you off eh!! Look at the positive result you have achieved Well done you!!! c g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:30 am

I was getting a bit worried at the start of this but I see it all worked out well in the end and everyone was happey especially your horse.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Apart from the 'new' tree which is a very good table apple, the other four produce around 7 or 8 bagsfull each year..I give them to my next door man for his pig..apple flavoured pork at Xmas is quite yummy. Being a Ganny Smith type, they are also good in pies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrumping   Scrumping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrumping

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life in Bulgaria-