View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

[size=55:2iemzz7v]novinite

Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round

Drivers on Bulgarian roads will be required to have their lights on during the day too for the duration of the whole year, not just the winter months, parliament decided on Friday.

Until now lights had to be kept on during the day only from November 1 to March 1.

At the beginning of November every year the traffic police used to start the so-called "
lights on"
road checks, issuing tickets to drivers who forgot to turn their lights on and/or chose to ignore the legal amendments, adopted in the summer of 2006.

There was a courtesy period, however, with just warnings given during the first 8 days of the check, which lasted until November 21.

During this period traffic police was also on high alert for drivers with malfunctioning wind-shield wipers blades and worn-out tires.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:16 pm

I have been fined in the past in the winter when I had my lights on, I was stopped by the police who asked me to get out of the car who then pointed out that my lights were off. Yes they were off because I switched them off before I got out of the car. It was no use arguing with him so I gave him his 20 leva. So it doesn't always work even if you do drive according to the law, as Brits we have a cat in hells chance of getting something like this into court and proving it and the Bulgarian police know that which is why I believe we are easy targets, they wouldn't get away with it on their own people.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:30 pm

so have i, this year, we were driving to balchik and as usual the police were where they always were and pulled us over, he pointed to the lights asked for documents, beckoned my partner out of the car, when he got out of the car the alarm went off. it always goes off if you leave something ON, such as the lights, this is a safety feature, he spoke no english not that it would have mattered, we were having a ticket. Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 794030042
the only difference now is that you cannot pay a fine to the policeman, you have to present your ticket to the bank and pay there. he must have needed the points. Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 794030042 Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 794030042 Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm

It is all too easy to forget to put them on if it's a bright sunny day. In Hungary you already have to have them on all year round but only on the open road, not in town. Fortunately my Chevy Spark turns the lights off when you remove the ignition key so I just leave the light switch at dip all the time.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 am

I retired from the Police in Suffolk and I was with Traffic (speedgunner!!) and in my opinion this should not come into force as been pointed out that during the Summer there is no need for lights on. In Canada they have this rule and also I believe in Sweden hence daylight running bulbs on Volvo's.In bad weather it is common sense to turn your lights on and only a few fail to do so.As for the Police here collecting revenue from this I can understand the concerns that go with it.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 am

As ex Traffic with the Suffolk Constabulary I sympathise with your comments and I agree that having lights on during the Summer is not justified here in Bulgaria.I know that people automaticaly think this is another fund raiser from the authorities and I believe it is and is open to abuse from those who enforce it here.
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 am

I always drive with my lights on, Lights on during the day is so people can see you , not so you can see better, it helps when the idiots are overtaking straight at you you ( seems to be an every day thing in Bulgaria )

You can be seen much much further away with lights on, particularly with the heat haze from the road distorting things
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:55 am

Perhaps a simple trip to a local garage asking them to wire them via the ignition so they automatically come on when the car is started Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

yep , sounds simple enough....but this is bulgaria ..whats simple here ... Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:37 pm

varnagirl wrote:
yep , sounds simple enough....but this is bulgaria ..whats simple here ... Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 1865348797

Damn it I forgot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 am

I suppose the Police will be told someday that this is a new requirement? passed two yesterday on the open road neither displaying lights?

So I guess its the usual... Do as I say Not as I do.......As an ex police officer, it grates a little,,, but as they say this is Bulgaria, Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm

[size=55:10dn2ar4]novinite

Drivers in Bulgaria Already with Lights On 24/7

Drivers on Bulgarian roads are required to have their lights on during the day too as of Tuesday.

The new legislation, which obliges drivers to have their lights on day and night year-round, came into force after it was promulgated in the State Gazette.

Drivers who do not stick to the rule face fines of BGN 50.

Until now lights had to be kept on during the day only from November 1 to March 1.

At the beginning of November every year the traffic police used to start the so-called "
lights on"
road checks, issuing tickets to drivers who forgot to turn their lights on and/or chose to ignore the legal amendments, adopted in the summer of 2006.

There was a courtesy period, however, with just warnings given during the first 8 days of the check, which lasted until November 21.

During this period traffic police was also on high alert for drivers with malfunctioning windshield wipers blades and worn-out tires.

The new rule has triggered a wave of protests in Internet forums in Bulgaria, which are overflowing with messages of condemnation.

Drivers believe the new legislation seeks to bring more fines to the budget, force them to buy more petrol
and equip the local police with a nice new tool for racketeering.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Was out today and most drivers had their lights on, except 2 Police cars Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 1865348797 Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 1865348797

Then later in the day the Police were pulling cars over with no lights on DOH
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Ro   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm

[size=55:b6kua5d0]novinite

Chaos Rains in Bulgaria over Drivers with Lights Off

There isn't a courtesy period for drivers in Bulgaria, who fail to turn on their lights during the day, the traffic police warn.

"
If we offer such courtesy period, we will violate the law. It clearly states that it is effective immediately. The Act passed by the Parliament specifically postulates that the change is effective since the day of its publishing,"
representatives of traffic police are quoted saying by the Bulgarian Monitor daily, despite their earlier statements that they might extend the courtesy period all the way to the end of August.

Meanwhile, also on Wednesday, the Focus news agency cites Chief Inspector, Ivo Kirilov, Head of Unit 1 of Traffic Police, informing that the fines will be imposed beginning Saturday, August 11. He explains that the law gives the option for immediate sanctions, but until Saturday policemen will only issue warnings.

The new legislation, which obliges drivers to have their lights on day and night year-round, came into force Tuesday after it was promulgated in the State Gazette.

Drivers who do not stick to the rule face fines of BGN 50.

lights on"

During this period traffic police was also on high alert for drivers with malfunctioning windshield wipers blades and worn-out tires.

The new rule has triggered a wave of protests in Internet forums in Bulgaria, which are overflowing with messages of condemnation.

Drivers believe the new legislation seeks to bring more fines to the budget, force them to buy more petrol and equip the local police with a nice new tool for racketeering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round   Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drivers in Bulgaria with Lights On Day and Night Year-Round

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2