AuthorMessage
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

OK just curios tell me what hobbies you have ? and how long you have had them for? I would also like to know if you have a hobby how it effects your life and those around you.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 am

I never really had any Hobbies never had time with bringing up a family from an early age but I suppose my children were and are my world so they really are my hobby because even though grown up now they still take up most of my time H
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:40 am

What you see below is my hobby it's taken up so much of my time over the years and too much £££££££ I came across it many years a go abandoned in a Welsh farmers field and once I managed to get all the growth removed I could see it had potential and I'm sue I heard a voice from it Hobbies - Page 2 3998065313 saying please help!! :LMHO:so I did, my wife and friends thought I was mad and that I had finally lost the plot but I couldn't help myself Hobbies - Page 2 3998065313 the picture below is where I found it but without the growth. I have started to breath life back into it which is now well on the way.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:45 am

Very nice Ashley I hope it look better than that before you get it on the road [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hobbies - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 am

Yes BGTRAVELLER it looks much different now but it's not finished yet.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 am

I know it's nothing to do with Bulgaria but why don't you open a topic about it |I'm sure others will find it interesting and me being from Germany are one of them. Very nice HHobbies - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am

oddball wrote:
krypton wrote:
Clocks is what I collect or should I say I use to, any size any make at the moment my collection amounts to 296 most of which are all packed away since I left the uk.

Oh Kryps get them all out and give yourself and us a treat by posting a photo here g

Here is just a few of them for you Berni

Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 am

Nice collection Kryp and lovely VW Ashley lets see more of it.
Back to top Go down
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Hobbies, where do I start?

As a young lad I started collecting butterflies, but soon gave it up when I realized that it was cruel to kill such beautiful creatures.

While in the army I collected stamps from all the different countries I was posted too.

Later in life I was suffering from a back injury which restricted my entire major movements, so I began making things from matchsticks and doing small carvings out of tablets of soap.

Then I began writing poetry and so I enrolled on a correspondence course of creative writing and found out how bad my poetry really was. So went back to re-writing them all again. As I improved I started writing short stories and this lead on to me becoming the editor of a small poetry magazine and it then became more than just a hobby.

Today my main hobby is golf;
it gets me out of the house and gives me a bit of exercise.
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:20 pm

[quote="
Chris"
]This is quite a long list and, to be honest, I haven't got enough time in life to get on with them all.

Like Chris my list is also long, and again like Chris i have not got time to do some of them now, here is the top 4;

1. Scuba diving (padi rescue diver) from when I left school, but not for a very long while now.
2. Skiing ( used to instruct on an artificial ski slope in Harlow and have taught english school parties abroad), but again not skied for a while.
3.VW campers, (used to be on the comittee of the owners club) still have 2 in my garage, both need finishing (when I get around to it) only been about 10yrs on one and i bit less on the other.
4. Always had motorbikes since I was 16, at the moment I have 2 (did have 3 but sold the one in Bulgaria - Yamaha xt350) now down to a 1994 Honda VFR750 and a 1982 yamaha xt250 - bought as 2 boxes of bits, but still not finished.
And of course gardening.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I like to make cards, and have masses of stuff, but not the time or space to do any at the moment. We (both of us) will be making Christmas cards but that's all this year. Don't know whether to bring the stuff out when we move. Probably will, something to do while hibernating for the winter.

Mr Eq draws and recently started painting on a commission basis, and has exhibited (and sold) at the 'National Exhibition of Wildlife Art', as well as being a judge for a couple of years. Some of his pictures have been sold and the proceeds have gone for conservation projects, notably chimpanzees and rhinos (he also climbed Kilimanjaro with a dozen others from work for the same cause) It will be great for him to spend more time painting.

I like to cook, and grow food. (and unfortunately eat too)

We both like to take photos of flora and fauna, and our animals' lives have been well documented in pictures. Not particularly good at it, but it does us.

And then there is Murphy, the horse, who is in the process of being broken in at the grand old age of 11. He has a few behavioural problems caused by thugs who tried to force a quick fix on him, so whether he will ever be rideable by us we don't know. Signs are good at the moment, but he will not come out to Bulgaria if he is just a pet in a field, though I think he could be useful in other areas where he has had no bad experiences.

So with Murphy, the two dogs, chooks and garden there is not much time for the more artistic hobbies at the moment.

Of course, we have no time for a social life, and family are far flung. Hobbies - Page 2 1865348797

Mrs Eq.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I thought I would come back here and give you an update about my Bug.

From this

To this after a few weeks of striping it down at my friends house

Then to this because the whole floor-pan was totally rotten

Then once all that was sorted out it was put back together and I then had this after painting and rubbing down because I wasn't happy with the finish

This was better but I didn't like it.

Then I decided to do this

After a few weeks of mopping and polishing I then had this

Its not as it would have left the factory because some of the parts were either too expensive or not in a good state so I have use some parts from other years.

And in the last 30 minutes I have taken it to a friend who is also a 'VW Annarack' and he is going to do a little job for me and on Saturday it goes for its first MOT since 1983.
Back to top Go down
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Great job on the old VW, all the best for the MOT

While I was in Germany in 1974 I purchased an old 1953 split window beetle for my wife. It cost me the princely sum of 250 DM (about £65) it was in a bit of a state so I paid the REME lads to do it up and I painted it Apple Green. I sold it when we returned to the UK in 1978 for 1,000 DM so made a good profit on it. Today I look back and the same car today would cost 15 - 20 grand.

John
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 pm

That is just fantastic!!! Well done! you did a brilliant job. I :Hearts:the color too g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Well done Ashley, its good to have a hobby and finish up with an end product that you can be proud of
I hope you pass your MOT, sorry I meant to say your car Hobbies - Page 2 31437657 Hobbies - Page 2 31437657 :Thumb:
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 pm

That's gorgeous Ashley, I didn't realise you were such a genius. H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobbies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next