altText

4th Mindya Rockfest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

4th Mindya Rockfest Empty
PostSubject: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am

This growing FREE Rockfest will be held this year August 24th and 25th Friday and Saturday. Set up all day Friday and performance in the evening. Saturday there will (hopefully) be some folk dancing besides Karen's BookCave stall and other stalls. Beer tents and food and camping is allowed in designated areas. Camping Veliko Turnovo is just 10kms down the main road in Dragezhevo for those with caravans or needing more camping facilities.

This event is growing every year and last year there were over 2,000 people attending and a film made which was aired on BNT. It is sponsored which is why it is FREE. Anyone is welcome to set up a craft stall and enjoy the festivities. Mindya village folk choir will be singing and its a lovely village to walk around and the river Veselina is nearby. This is a protected area and there was recently a meeting held which many dignitaries including the Mayor of Veliko Turnovo attended. The World Wildlife Fund supports this so have a wander down in the afternoon to see this pretty river. You may see all kinds of birds including our village storks!

For more information on Mindya village there are two groups on Facebook. Mindya Rockfest Group and Celo Mindya Group. Lots of pics on both sites of events. 4th Mindya Rockfest 511078427
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 am

Fab!!! Oldun can you post it on our facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh and don't forget any bands wishing to come to the Silsitra Garden Party would be good too. hint hint

Thanks Oddy
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Would if I could Oddy but its hard enough to organise these rockers to come to ours. The bands spend most of the summer down Varna way and then back to Sofia. However maybe the 'mountain could come to Mohommad' and come to Mindya with one or two folk groups you know on the Saturday afternoon and then send a bucket round for donations to your Orphanage!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:32 pm

oldun wrote:
Would if I could Oddy but its hard enough to organise these rockers to come to ours. The bands spend most of the summer down Varna way and then back to Sofia. However maybe the 'mountain could come to Mohommad' and come to Mindya with one or two folk groups you know on the Saturday afternoon and then send a bucket round for donations to your Orphanage!

Ah bless Oldun I was only kidding - we could not accommodate a band group would blow all our circuits at the orphanage - but now you have given me an idea re folk groups so will see if I can work anything out. Not sure about buckets though :4th Mindya Rockfest 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks for the update oldun its in my diary. s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Looking forward to meeting you Daisy. We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss 'what's on' and hopefully get some folks to part with some money for sponsorship. The idea for the festival is that it is FREE for everyone of any nationality although its 99% Buglarians so far. Brits seem a little resistant not understanding what its all about or why they should support Mindya.
I should maybe explain. It was Evgenii Dainov's dream to hold a FREE Rockfest for the people so no Mr Big made huge profits out of the efforts of others. Bit of a hippy idea I suppose. He is strange mix of political analyst, often on TV, a professor and Rock musician but holds what I think are very good ideas on life, sort of 'hippy meets green' but with a great understanding of real life. He gained a first at Oxford and has travelled worldwide so knows a thing or two.
When I had a windfall I immediately wanted to share it with the whole village and gave a big party and also offered to sponsor the first Rockfest. I never dreamed of the publicity this gift would generate via the media which I did not really want but have always co-operated with for the sake of Mindya - the village which accepted us so unequivically considering we were the first immigrants in their little village. 500 people turned up including 'Priateli' the orphanage Charity in VT who had a big table. Our 3rd Rockfest over 2,000 attended and the event lasted 2 days. This year should be even bigger.
You may ask why I put my small windfall into Mindya and not any other charity. Simply because I believe that the Bulgarian villages need all the help they can get. It is somewhat easier to get people to donate to little children and dogs (which I also support) but many don't understand the problems that villages have to get attention from the towns and Government. Since our Rockfest and media interest, we have had several important dignitaries visit at various times and due to this I believe we have had more money for the Community and now have a 'Rabota Club' for people of working age (who are probably not in fulltime work!) and recently a 'Children's Club' which was opened on the same day as the River Protection meeting was held and is now on the WWF website.
So that is what our Rockfest is all about in broad terms and it would be great if people on this forum could promote it and/or attend. TrustGlobalRadio has offered to promote us and MAYBE Bobbie could attend to do introductions. Have to see if the Committee approves. We have a meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at 5pm. I am singing with the choir in Abernassi but if I'm not back my hero will definitely be there to hear what is happening so far and how many sponsors we have. Cheers everyone and here's to August 24/25th 4th Mindya Rockfest 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Oldun I found this, can you update us as to the dates as this one is different from the dates you posted? or are they different events? 4th Mindya Rockfest 3135333095

August 28th the second Rockfest is to be held again in Mindya and more groups will be taking part. This will be big and not just a village affair. Many Bulgarians will be attending because it coincides with the Veliko Turnovo Bikefest which is held that week until the 29th. The order of play will be: Time to be announc...ed later.Opening by Mindya choir singing folk songs with accordian.Followed by a band from Gorna 'Demode'.Then Evgenii Dainov's 'Blues Traffic'Then SilhouetteThen Magistriand finally the well-known Vasko the Patch.A great line-up and there will be professional stage, sound and lighting.

Everybody are welcome.

free entrance
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 am

Oops - thanks Admin for spotting my deliberate mistake. That was the date last year so I guess I had a 'senior' moment. It is Friday August 24th and Saturday 25th winding down on the Sunday. The event will be opened by our Mayor Ivan at 5pm Friday with Mindya choir singing a couple of folk songs and the rockers will start at 6pm. I will not be singing my solo this year so don't be afraid to see the opening! The whole of Saturday will be taken up with erecting the stage and stalls plus beer tents of course, so plenty to see. Also, its quite pleasant to take a walk down to the river Veselina and around the village itself. If anyone is interested or knows anyone looking, I will be happy to show people around our home for sale. Everything is walking distance from the square where it will all be happening and there will be police security who will also show people where to park and/or camp. It will be real camping with only old-fashioned toilets provided and bring your own tent. The Bulgarians love it and have campfires at night and maybe jam sessions between themselves.
There will be 12 groups playing over two days with the very popular Vasko the Patch and Evgenii's two groups. The others will be a mix and probably the Brits won't have heard of them but its all good fun. The event is expected to attract over 3,000 this year and combines with the VT Bikefest so all you bikers will have a great weekend.
Karen's Bookcave from VT will attend again although we couldn't get Trust Global Radio as they needed expenses and everyone is really a sponsor. We are hoping that there will be jewellery stalls and of course, the kiddies balloons and sweets plus others although we won't know who will turn up until the day.
See you all there. 4th Mindya Rockfest 3023850720 :4th Mindya Rockfest 1931734156: 4th Mindya Rockfest 511078427
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

Well spotted admin it just goes to show that you are on the ball 4th Mindya Rockfest 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Well its nearly here! This weekend starting Friday August 24th opening at 5.30pm with the folk choir and Mayor's speech followed by the first of 6 live bands with 6 more on Saturday night. Its going to be a hot one 37-40C! I think I have mentioned what will be happening and there should also be stalls and Karen's Bookcave. The Community have been working flat out all week in the heat tidying up Mindya (although its always clean!) and painting the children's play area and bus stop. My hero has been joining in strimming the roadsides with the Community. They are all heroes working in the heat. Hope to see some of you here this year. There are extra buses from Veliko Turnovo for those without transport. I am going to try to upload a pic! 4th Mindya Rockfest 3023850720
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Well it was all brilliant. Probably the hottest days of the year but thousands came to enjoy the festival and all it had to offer from babies to babas and all in between. This is not just for the heavy 'rockers' but a great day out with a wonderful atmosphere and no violence in spite of the beer tents and no litter left behind. I'll upload a pic which I hope gives an impression of how everyone enjoyed themselves. The closing number saw musicians on stage together with Vasko the Patch, who has his own TV show and very popular indeed, bringing all the kiddies on stage to enjoy themselves. No crying or tantrums all day either. Bravo to all the Bulgarians. I was there, where were you? I thought you were coming Daisy but didn't get introduced if you were around. Never mind. Hope you enjoy this pic anyway.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Fantastic!!! I hear it was a great success again this year g Well done to everyone involved! You all did a fab job. s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Well the 5th Mindya FREE Rockfest will be happening August 22, 23 and 24th. More news and updates as and when. Look forward to seeing you there. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Mindya Rockfest   4th Mindya Rockfest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th Mindya Rockfest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1