close call

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

close call - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: close call   close call - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:37 am

First topic message reminder :

went to bed last night, at about midnight a text came through on the mobile. it was our credit alert text that tells you a transaction has been made on your credit card. close call - Page 2 3998065313 .
the transaction was for ryanair, but due to insufficient funds the transaction could not be made. thankfully.
only last week we took our money from that account as we rarely use it and only left emergency fund in it. thankfully.

we have been onto allianze and cancelled all our cards. I will not be using cards again. close call - Page 2 794030042

so, if you do have to use cards make sure you have credit alert from the bank, it was a late transaction, the banks were shut and they are shut today, so i would not have been aware of someone using my card. close call - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

close call - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: close call   close call - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:45 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Another little tip..I never leave the transaction slip at the ATM ..always goes in my pocket! I've seen 'lowlifes' going through the bins a picking these out. This is important, particularly if the slip shows your account balance as it would normally be much higher than the average persons.

My bank always phones me if anything looks a bit 'sus'. I don't have a credit card, instead I use a debit card which has a very small limit..when I get near that limit, I just go into the bank and top it up.

Works for me.

Good tip bgb s
Back to top Go down

close call

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2