altText
altText
altText

yambol hospital experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blanche

yambol hospital experience Empty
PostSubject: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:57 pm

This one is mainly for the girls but if you boys want to read on i wont be too graphic.

I just thought i would share my hospital experience with any of you girls out there who are having any gynae problems. after only living in bg for a few months i realised that i had a gynae problem that would need some treatment. I had no idea where to go so the first port of call was to doc samra who sent me to the hospital near to the park in yambol. I did take a bulgarian friend with me who can speak excellent english. I was really quite nervous as i didn't know what to expect. but the gynae doctor was lovely and after my exam she told me what i really didn't want to hear and that was that i needed surgery. she said there was no dire rush and to go away and think about things. which is what i did. having worked in the nhs for over 20 years i was convinced that surgery was surely the last option not the first and that maybe a pessary would be a better option. anyway after putting up with the situation for a number of months i finally went back to the hospital and saw the gynae doc again. here she explained why a pessary wasn't an option. so i agreed to have the surgery. having never had an op before or even a stay in hospital i was petrified. i had heard so many horror stories. but the day arrived and off i went. i was admtted to a 2 bed room with its own en suite and it was spotless. the staff were brill and with their bit of english and my bit of bulgarian we mostly got by. there is a lady ......stella.......who works on reception who speaks perfect english and is happy to help out if needed. they did all the tests on the monday and i had the op on the tuesday. i had been told that the op would take an hour but it actually took 2 and a half as my bladder had dropped and they needed to put some scaffolding up lol. post op i was fine, no pain and only mild discomfort. the food was ok and there is a kitchen on the ward you can use if you want. one day i was brought in a roast dinner by friends and warmed it up in the microwave. the staff are very laid back but nothing is too much trouble. the docs are available as and when and you dont have to wait for rounds if you have any questions etc. the biggest enemy is boredom. there was a flat screen tv in the room with some english channels but have you ever tried to prise a remote control from a bulgarian lol. but i had my mp3,ds and plenty of books and visitors so it wasn't that bad. i was discharged on the friday and have been back twice since for check ups and have been seen straight away no waiting at all. the nhs it isn't ............but maybe thats a good thing..........no moving and handling protocols.........its grab a bit and move it and as for your dignity you have to leave that at the door. but all in all it was a very positive experience...........although i dont want to have to repeat it. but girls if you do have a problem dont put it off go and get it sorted. it really isn't as bad as you might imagine. i could tell you some things that happened that would make your hair curl our have you laughing so much you would wet yourself but they're not for an open forum. so i hope this little post may help somebody and if you have any questions just post a reply or pm me.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:23 am

This all sounds very Bulgarian and what an experience you have had although it goes sound very positive, I'm sure this will help others in Yambol who have had reservations about the hospitals well done to you and thank you for letting us all in on your story.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:18 am

yambol hospital experience 3356871870

Thanks for that Blanche. I'm sure that there are many of us girls of a certain age that may have
to go through the same procedure. In a foreign land it can also seem extra daunting.
So thanks for writing about such a positive experience! Hope you are recovering well. s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:22 am

yambol hospital experience 3356871870
Many thanks for sharing blanche. I am sure this will put a lot of women at ease that have some problems.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:24 am

Its good to hear something like this because we hear so much about the treatment in hospitals and yet hear we see that it was a positive experience which is something not often posted. What a great thing you have done here by posting it.
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:25 am

We are in the Yambol area too - great to hear a positive story about health care in the region!! Thanks for posting a reassuring post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
blanche

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:17 pm

glad this post has helped and i'm recovering quite well................much better than i expected to although have still got to take things easy. keep telling the old lad i've got a sick note so cant possibly do that job so there are some benefits lol
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Good write up Blanche and very reassuring for any lady in the Yambol area. I did a similar write up on the forum when my hero was rushed to hospital in Veliko Turnovo just after Christmas. Although the ward was far from clean, I agree that the experience was better than expected and he was out in 10 days after a very serious problem. The doctors were good and available all the time and his aftercare pills soon got him back on his feet. He is now recovering so well he is back to work gardening and chopping wood although a lot lighter!
Yes, there is some humour in the hospital experience here in Bulgaria but the main thing is they get you better and very fast. yambol hospital experience 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:55 pm

yambol hospital experience 3356871870 [size=150:14iw657f]Blanche :Thank you:for sharing and as many others said this is fantastic feedback Well done g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yambol hospital experience   yambol hospital experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yambol hospital experience

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1