altText

Thunderstorms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:26 pm

I expect everyone living in Bulgaria has been experiencing these huge thunderstorms. So far we are watertight even though our house is circa 1800 with the old roof (possibly original). However, I worry more about my computer. Once before a very loud bang totally wiped out my computer. Fortunately it was old anyway. I am now afraid for my newer model and unplug the cables when I hear thunder around. Going to do it in a minute! Does anyone else worry about computers or am I just being super careful?
The TV loses signal and I think its often best to unplug that too but I don't. Not so worried about that.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:37 pm

always unplug the modem when a storm is near. i am on my 3rd modem. i have power surge sockets but vivacom told me they were useless against a bolt of lightening.
we had a fierce lightening storm last year, fabulous to watch, but the bolt hit our village, a massive bang and flash and the whole village was blacked out. my modem had blown and the local pub had their telly blow. unplug because it will do damage. g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:44 pm

I unplug mine as soon as i hear a storm (then i dive under the bed )....one mate that has now gone back never unplugged hers and lost it every time ...bless , love and miss her to bits ... :Thunderstorms 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:45 pm

This is what they said yesterday for today in Bg

Weather, May 15

On Tuesday the weather in Bulgaria will be rainy. Strong rainfalls are expected in the western regions of the country. The lowest temperatures will be between 8 and 13°C, in Sofia about 8°C. The highest temperatures will be between 15 and 20°C, in Sofia about 15°C.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:50 pm

and they were right, its freezing. c

unplug your modem tonight, looks like a storm coming to the balchik area. g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

and this is what they said this morning for today in Bg..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ndows-1251
Weather - May 15
Today, 15 May 2012 07:29

Our country today will be under the influence of Mediterranean cyclones. The weather will be cloudy in the western regions and cool. Rainfall will cover the whole country, the latest northeastern regions. This is the forecast of the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) - BAS, said Agency "
Focus"
Anna Dyakova, weather forecaster on duty.

Significant amounts are expected at sites in western Bulgaria. Short but intense thunderstorms and rainfall will be in separate areas of eastern Bulgaria, where it will be temporary breaks in the clouds. There are conditions and local hailstorms. Wind from the east will gradually weaken and begin to orient the west-northwest. Maximum temperatures - between 15 and 20 °, in places in the eastern regions to 22-23 °. In Sofia - about 15 °.

really dont need these Mediterranean cyclones..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Oh please no hail! Rain is okay for the gardens especially as the ground is warm so ideal to get plants going. Ours have already doubled in size but hail would be a disaster. Today started sunny but by lunchtime the clouds and wind were back and a couple of light storms. Chilly and we are considering re-lighting the fire. Its cheery and warming although the house still retains a little warmth. Supposed to be warming up again Sunday. s
Our village lost electric for 24hours recently in one storm and I will be unplugging whenever necessary. By the way, if I bought a new modem for my old computer could I re-use it again? If not can anyone suggest where I can give it away???
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:13 pm

We have rain coming in. It is where the builder has enclosed the stairs, we have told him but to no avail. He has had his money plus a lot more from us. And he is English!!!!!
Thunderstorms 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:55 pm

oh ahhhhhh Welcome to our world rain rain and more rain Thunderstorms 1865348797 Thunderstorms 3998065313 Summer is only around the corner s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:47 am

oddball wrote:
oh ahhhhhh Welcome to our world rain rain and more rain Thunderstorms 1865348797 Thunderstorms 3998065313 Summer is only around the corner s

I have got the Autralian Dry-as-a-Bone coat out now Oddy, hopefully that will fend off the monsoon.

Thunderstorms 2381841692 Thunderstorms 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thunderstorms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorms   Thunderstorms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunderstorms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-