altText

Garmin Sat Nav Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Garmin Sat Nav Update Empty
PostSubject: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:30 pm

I have just updated my satnav (Garmin) to what I believe is the latest version Feb 2012. It is amazing I can now find Villages in the whole of Bulgaria and what is more it finds you the Street and house as well, g amazing
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Bother Garmin Sat Nav Update 3135333095 No more hiding from you now eh!! Garmin Sat Nav Update 2345823347 Garmin Sat Nav Update 2381841692 Garmin Sat Nav Update 1865348797
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:59 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
I have just updated my satnav (Garmin) to what I believe is the latest version Feb 2012. It is amazing I can now find Villages in the whole of Bulgaria and what is more it finds you the Street and house as well, g amazing

Lucky for you Tony - I have a Garmin Sat Nav and we went to Sofia to pick our friends up at the airport. So before we set off I asked it to give me the route to Sofia Airport . . and guess what . . . "
NOT FOUND"
was the answer. Bl--dy useless!! We got to Sofia alright, but spent an hour trying to find the airport.

Garmin Sat Nav Update 794030042 Garmin Sat Nav Update 794030042
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 am

itchyfeet wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

Lucky for you Tony - I have a Garmin Sat Nav and we went to Sofia to pick our friends up at the airport. So before we set off I asked it to give me the route to Sofia Airport . . and guess what . . . "
NOT FOUND"
was the answer. Bl--dy useless!! We got to Sofia alright, but spent an hour trying to find the airport.

Garmin Sat Nav Update 794030042 Garmin Sat Nav Update 794030042

It is there/ But you need to put in the Street name 'Boulevard' something or the other. We went to s small village yesterday and put in the Street and House number and it was inch perfect g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:14 am

Hi Tony

what model Garmin do you have please? I have a TomTom Go 700 which performs very well here [about 95% accurate] all over the country, but I need to get another GPS for my Jeep.

Any ideas from anyone please.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:20 am

morning bgbazz, i know nothing about sat navs, but im sure our members will know plenty. g please introduce yourself in the new members section where we can welcome you to the forum. many thanks. g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am

My Sat Nav is quite old now I suppose had it for more than 3 years. Have a look at a web site called satnav easy. They have loads at discounted prices. You just need one that covers Europe with the latest software. You can contact them and they are very helpful.

ATB

Tony
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks Tony

A quick look at their site doesn't look promising, but I've contacted them anyway.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 am

Yes Tony's right ant satnav just get the latest software and away you go g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks Lisa

the sat nav is the easy part...software is quite another story.

Garmin Sat Nav Update 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 am

Update. I just heard back from the satnav folks..as I suspected, Garmin models easy to get, but maps haven't caught up yet. Very limited coverage unless you only drive around Sofia [which I avoid like the plague].

Oh well, back to swapping the TomTom from car to Jeep and back as required.

Thanks to you all for your answers.

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Sat Nav Update   Garmin Sat Nav Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garmin Sat Nav Update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1