Summer is here ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello everyone

Now Bulgaria is welcoming Baba Marta just interested to find out how the weather is changing. Still looks a little cold but spring should be on the way. As should as it is I will book my flight back.

Any signs yet that summer is on the way ie bulbs shooting yet etc s
Back to top Go down
snail
Senior user
Senior user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 pm

l saw a stork today,which is a good sign spring is here
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 pm

I dont know where spring is, its snowing here as i speak. Summer is here ? 794030042
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 pm

I think it isn't far away but we still need to wait a few more weeks and then we will see a difference. s
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Its still very cold and as starlite says its snowing so I'm not to sure? But I do think that this time last year I was able to start wearing some cloths that were more for summer but at the moment I'm just keeping warm s
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:20 pm

The crocus are blooming and my daffodils have just poked their heads through! s
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Daffodils in England have been out a while now and just starting to flower so I do believe they are a bit early in England
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Just been speaking to a friend in the uk and she's telling me that she has a lot of things showing life in the garden and is a little worried because its all early, this is obviously a sign that the climates are changing and our world is moving into a different position albeit slowly which is why the weather is also changing around the world.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Spring Summer is here ? 1865348797 Summer is here ? 1865348797 Summer is here ? 1865348797 Another week at least to go
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:53 pm

cheekychops, your the only one i have heard to use this logic to climate change and i for one agree. it is impossible for the world to spin on its axis perfectly, tiny movement over a thousand years means we are in a different position, hence the explanation to climate changes. g
hows that for a science lesson on a wednesday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

starlite wrote:
cheekychops, your the only one i have heard to use this logic to climate change and i for one agree. it is impossible for the world to spin on its axis perfectly, tiny movement over a thousand years means we are in a different position, hence the explanation to climate changes. g
hows that for a science lesson on a wednesday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quite interesting a least its a better theory than that of emission and green house gases and holes in the ozone layer. g I like the logic if climate change was caused by gases then we could just kill off all the cows and save the planet [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Changes in the "
tilt"
of the earth can change the severity of the seasons more "
tilt"
means more severe seasons warmer summers and colder winters;
less "
tilt"
means less severe seasons cooler summers and milder winters. The earth wobbles in space so that its tilt changes It is the cool summers which are thought to allow snow and ice to last from year to year in high latitudes, eventually building up into massive ice sheets. There are positive feedbacks in the climate system as well, because an earth covered with more snow reflects more of the sun's energy into space, causing additional cooling. In addition, it appears that the amount of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere falls as ice sheets grow, also adding to the cooling of the climate.
Back to top Go down
desislava

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 am

Summer is very near.. you won't even notice how quickly it will come, although technically there's two months to go. I love March because it is the beginning.. we already see the signs are here s

I hope you are not anywhere in the mountain because it takes a little bit longer there, but here is how it goes in Sofia:

Next thing you will see is the Nature waking up and regenerating itself. By the end of March we will see significant change of weather - temperatures will go up. This year some of the day at the end of the month we might hit temperatures up to 20 degrees.

April will be mixture of the spring rain and nice warm sunny days. By the end of April you will see the lush green everywhere, the beautiful trees blossoming in explosion of white and pink, the flowers of Spring in full power - tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, etc. Lettuce will be in season - fresh from some grandma's garden. New potatoes, spring onion, radishes, fresh spinach.. nom nom nom..

May will come with the warm 20 - 25 degrees, summer showers (short and frequent), the proms and the holidays - 1st May Labour day, 6th May St G eorge day, 24th May St Kiril &
Metodi - the Cyrilic alphabet inventors. Cherries, strawberries will be in season.

... and it s on the up from there until somewhere around September - October where we'll see the temperatures going down but if we are lucky might have a nice Autumn..

The best thing I like about Bulgaria is that even in that really bad winter we had this year we still see the sun almost every day. It might be -20 but the sun is out there (although its completely useless) Summer is here ? 2381841692
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm

starlite wrote:

Was it a full moon last night or have you been watching the stars at night Summer is here ? 2706089290 Summer is here ? 1865348797

Did you know that the rate that ice is melting, it is estimated that Florida Key's will be completely under water before the next century
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:14 pm

The only stars i watch willowsend are in the sun newspaper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] bulgaria had 4 seasons now it feels like 2 winter and summer, so changes can be seen worldwide. whats your view. g s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer is here ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer is here ?   Summer is here ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer is here ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next