AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Winters here at last. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:39 pm

varnagirl wrote:
get out your sledge netsniper..

And with temperatures like you've got I think you should get your bikini out Varnagirl
willowsend
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:32 pm

[size=75:1iyy6lu0]novinite 1 January 2009

2010 Brings Record-High Temperatures in Bulgaria

Temperature records were seen across Bulgaria on the first day of the new year, marking the second day in a row with unusually warm weather, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) announced on January 1.

Thermometers soared to 22,4 centigrade in the Northern town of Veliko Tarnovo, an absolute record for the season. It was also hot in Varna, Burgas, Ahtopol, Blagoevgrad, Dragoman, which saw temperatures ranging between 17-22 centigrade. In the capital Sofia the mercury zoomed to 17,3 centigrade, beating the record from 1971 when it reached 16 centigrade.

Weather forecasters say the heat wave is brought about by unseasonal southerly winds, making Bulgarians welcome the New Year in a surreal Spring-like atmosphere.

The lower temperatures in the northwestern part of the country and along the Danube River are due to the fogs, which have embraced these regions.

The warm spell will come to an end with the start of the weekend, when the average temperatures will range between 6-11 centigrade. Snowfalls are expected across the country on Sunday and there will be blizzards in the northern regions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Oh dear we have here I expect we will soon be having that cold spell from BG [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 am

The Snow is Back!

A light covering this morning and still falling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 am

willowsend wrote:
varnagirl wrote:
get out your sledge netsniper..

And with temperatures like you've got I think you should get your bikini out Varnagirl
willowsend

but its snowing here now !!!! falling steady ,,and definitly not bikini weather....snowman making ,soon....
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Sunny and cold here in the uk, I think varnagirl is a spoilsport not putting on her bikini
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:52 pm

[size=55:1skdvmar]novinite 3 January 2010

Bulgaria Endures Cold, Heavy Traffic

A freezing cold front swept over much of Bulgaria on Sunday with snowstorms snarling the intensified traffic as the Christmas and New Year holidays are coming to an end.

The onset of northern and north-western winds sent the mercury plummeting to between 3 and 4 centigrades below zero.

Bulgaria's Meteorological Station on Sunday morning warned that the strong cold front will bring blizzards and heavy fog in Northern Bulgaria, the Danube Valley and the region close to the capital Sofia.

The interior ministry has announced that police measures will be beefed up, especially along the highways leading to the capital Sofia and the bigger towns, as many people are travelling on the last day of the holidays.

The cold snap comes right after some of the highest temperatures in decades were recorded in Bulgaria. The country started the new year in a surreal Spring-like atmosphere with unusually warm weather, brought about by unseasonal southerly winds.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am

[size=75:1op8tonc]Sofia echo 5 January 2010

Weather forecast for Bulgaria, January 5 2010

All of Bulgaria will be capped with a heavy cloud-cover on January 5 2010. Snowfall is expected in most parts of the country, especially in the west.

Later in the day, temperatures are expected to rise and the snow in some area is going to turn into rain. In western Bulgaria, rainfall is expected to be particularly heavy, reaching up to 15 litres a sq m, the Bulgarian Metrologic Service said.

With the fluctuation of temperatures, it is possible that ice will form on roads, causing hazardous conditions for motorist, the report says.

Average temperatures for Bulgaria are expected to be between -2C and 2C with temperatures for Sofia expected to reach about 2C. Conditions along the Black Sea coast will be cloudy, with a sustained southeasterly wind. Later in the day, rain showers are expected to develop along most of the coastline.

Winds from the south-southeast will gradually intensify. In the mountains, winds along the ridges will reach storm intensity. A warm front is expected to arrive as temperatures at 1200 metres will be at about one degree Celsius while at 2000m elevation temperatures are expected to be around -2C.

Conditions for mountain tourism, skiing and mountaineering are poor.

For further information on every Bulgarian mountain, please contact the website of the Mountain Rescue Service.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:35 am

It's blooming cold here in the uk and it's snowing as well according to the weather people it's going to snow all day? I hope they have it wrong Angel
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Well I can tell you there is plenty of snow here in Shropshire at the moment and it's still coming, well I say plenty? it is for us here but nothing like I've seen in Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 am

Snow has turned to rain again this morning. This means that all the remaining snow should be gone by lunch time.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:15 am

Just got out of bed, got myself a cup of coffee, put my wellies on and have ventured outside with a tape measure. The SNOW here in Oxfordshire is 23cm deep and I think I can safely say that Britain will today be at a complete standstill
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:36 am

Crikey, not often the UK has more snow than BG at this time of year!

Think you're right willowsend .... Britain will certainly grind to a halt.
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 am

Here in the Borders it has been snowing on and off all yesterday and in the night, it is not snowing at the moment, touch wood! have just been feeding the birds the poor things, on Christmas day we had a Woodpecker on the peanut feeder, which was most unusal. Just going to make a nice cup of coffee. Pixi.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:00 pm

What is wrong with the uk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's winter we expect snow, and then all you here on the news is SNOW SNOW and more SNOW well so what, we get what I would call a small amount of snow in the country compared to others and then we come to a halt they close the schools and then most people use it as an excuse to take the day off I do remember when the Great in Great Britain meant something and Britannia ruled the waves but now we can't even cope with a few leaves on the rail tracks and a bit of snow which we knew was coming who said the western world was far more advanced than the east anyway that's it I've had my moan so you can all shout at me now
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters here at last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 70Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37 ... 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-