Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 52 ... 70  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Winters here at last. - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:13 am

This is the time of year where you will need about 3 different outfits a day.

Big jumper or zipper an trousers in the early morning, then a long sleeved top as it gets warmer, then shorts and a vest top when it gets hot at lunchtime, back to the long sleeved top at tea time. I remember one February day where the temperature in the morning was -6 then by early after noon it was 25 degrees!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 am

Esta wrote:
This is the time of year where you will need about 3 different outfits a day.

Big jumper or zipper an trousers in the early morning, then a long sleeved top as it gets warmer, then shorts and a vest top when it gets hot at lunchtime, back to the long sleeved top at tea time. I remember one February day where the temperature in the morning was -6 then by early after noon it was 25 degrees!!!

Winter draws on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:46 am

tonyb60 wrote:

Winter draws on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

gotta buy em first.... s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:51 pm

[size=55:lce0s1cx]Focus

Weather in Bulgaria: October to be 'relatively warm and dry'

The weather in Bulgaria in October 2011 is expected to be relatively balmy and dry, with temperatures higher than usual for the month and rainfall lower than average, a Bulgarian weather forecaster said as September came to a close.

Gergana Kozinarova of the Bulgarian Academy of Science's National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology was quoted by local news agency Focus as saying that minimum temperatures in October would be between one and six degrees Celsius with daytime highs between 24 and 29 degrees.

The first 10 days of October are expected to mostly sunny, with cloud and a drop in temperatures on October 7 and 8. However, maximum temperatures would rise again between October 11 and 20, but with some rain on October 13.

The first autumn frost in most valleys is expected at the end of October.

Chances of rain are to increase after October 23 - coincidentally, Bulgaria's presidential and municipal election day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:03 pm

[size=45:1h891hty]Daily mail
Britain's barmy weather! Snow falls in Scotland just days after heatwave brought south second crop of strawberries in six months

* Walkers hit snow covered peaks after Indian Summer highs at the weekend
* 'Spring' lambs are being born four months early due to weather confusion
* Farmers are picking crops of strawberries - and it's OCTOBER
* Hailstones the size of frozen peas pelt an area where it's just topped 85F

Britain's crazy weather took another nutty turn today as snow fell in the Highlands while farmers in the south picked strawberries - and all just days after the country baked in the hottest October on record.
Cairgorm in the Highlands was the first place in the UK to experience the chill of winter as the ski slopes on the Scottish resort experienced the first dump of snow.The mountain range south of Inverness saw temperatures plunge overnight turning the hillside white.

The Mountaineering Council of Scotland (MCofS) said the snow had fallen where snow patches from last winter had survived through the summer months.
While the south of country baked last weekend, small patches of snow remained on the hillside from one of Scotland's hardest winters on record.
With snow falling overnight in the north, there were hailstorms in the Thames Valley in the south, which baked in 85F heat just days ago.
Hilly areas and country lanes around Hungerford in Berkshire were briefly turned white when hailstones the size of frozen peas pelted the area.
Forecasters are predicting chilly times ahead with frost expected across England at the weekend

And yet as parts of Britain shivered under wintery conditions, some farmers have been reporting extremely unseasonable events.
With farmers in Cambridgeshire picking their second crop of strawberries this year and in north Devon, 'spring' lambs have been born four months early.
Farmer Paddy Ivens is normally turning his attention to pumpkins but this year he is still picking strawberries.

TWO DAY FORECAST

FRIDAY

Blustery at first, although northwest winds generally easing through the day. There will be sunny spells for most, although with some showers, mainly in western parts of the UK.

SATURDAY

Generally cloudy, with periods of rain and brisk westerly winds for many. Some drier and brighter spells are likely though, mainly in southern England. Temperatures a little above normal.
Mr Ivens, 48, who runs the family farm with his mother Jill, in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, was shocked to see an incredible two acres of his strawberry plants suddenly bearing fruit again this week.
He has now seen a rush from pick-your-own customers to harvest the late strawberries, which have made an autumn comeback for the first time ever at his Hill Farm in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Mr Ivens said: 'It is bizarre, we've been doing pick your own strawberries here for 30 years and this has never happened before.
'The hot autumn weather has tricked the strawberry plants into thinking it is late spring and they are throwing out lots of fruit.
'It's very strange to see people picking strawberries in October, we're normally sizing up for the pumpkin market at this time, but the weather is so good no one is interested in them.'
And he is not alone in finding his farm turned upside down by the unpredictable weather.
Farmer Edward Gay from North Devon believes the weather has been responsible for 'tricking' his flock into thinking it was time to mate.
Sheep usually go to ram during warmer weather in August or September and give birth 20 to 21 weeks later in February and March.

But Mr Gay believes the unusually hot spell in April fooled his flock in Riddlecombe, north Devon, into thinking summer had arrived - and they mated five months early. An unseasonably cold summer followed and the perfect warm spring weather for lambing arrived in the last week. He said he was stunned when the five spring lambs arrived because he had no idea they were even pregnant.
It was the second time their mothers had given birth this year - which experts say it virtually unheard of.

He said: 'It took me completely by surprise. I went down early in the morning to feed the sheep and count them as I usually do.
'I noticed one was missing and found her under a hedge scraping at the floor and creating a bed. It was a hell of a shock. She'd already had lambs once this year. 'Then, when I went around the rest of the flock I saw two others had dropped udders too and I ended up with two sets of twins and one single.
'The only explanation I can think of is that because we had such a wonderful April they thought it was summer and had mated again. I've never seen anything like it and it has to be down to the odd seasons we seem to have had this year.'
The suddenly wintery conditions sweeping the country is in sharp contrast to the weekend's weather, when three-quarters of a million sun-worshippers visited beaches in Brighton and Bournemouth as Britain basked in the third hottest day of 2011, at 30c (86f).
Bournemouth council had to pull its deckchairs and sun-loungers out of storage and shopkeepers across the South-East reported shortages of ice creams due to the out-of-season demand.
At RAF Finningley in South Yorkshire on Saturday, forecasters MeteoGroup recorded the 30c high, with Gravesend in Kent reaching an exceptional 29.6c (85.3f).
Both temperatures beat the record for October – 29.4c (85f) in Cambridgeshire in 1985 – and ensured the UK boasted better weather than almost all of Europe, the Caribbean, the Middle East and the Sahara. Laghouat, the Algerian city on the northern edge of the desert, managed only 22c (72f).
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 am

Bulgaria's 'Gypsy Summer' Comes to an End

Saturday will mark a significant change in the weather in Bulgaria, ending a string of exceptionally warm September and October days, and setting the stage for the real beginning of fall.

Long after the end of summer heat, Bulgarians have been able to enjoy a warm beginning of autumn, the so-called Indian summer, which Bulgarians call 'Gypsy summer.'

As usual, the deterioration in the weather will come from the north west, with a cold wind blowing, and initially affecting the western part of the country with clouds and rain.

Eastern Bulgaria is expected to stay sunny throughout the day, with highs lingering around 25 degrees Centigrade.

In the evening however, rain will start falling in the east too, and winds will bring significantly lower temperatures, which on Sunday will not reach above 10-12 C.

Rescuers advise against hiking in the mountains, as the weather change will be especially drastic there, as usual with high winds and heavy precipitation.

The first snow for winter 2011-12 is expected to fall Saturday above altitudes of 2000 m above sea level, with snow continuing Sunday above 1500 m.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 am

I've noticed a change in the air temp and there seems to be a lot less birds about now which is a sign of colder weather coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Definately a lot cooler and windier here today. Soon be time to pack the summer clothes away. Winters here at last. - Page 35 927475117
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Quote :
Soon be time to pack the summer clothes away.

Now that is a depressing thought.

I had packed our swimwear away before the end of September - I ended up getting it out again for a couple of days on the coast this last week, my son was swimming in the sea! Hard to believe we will probably be firing the heating up tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Esta wrote:
Quote :
Soon be time to pack the summer clothes away.

Now that is a depressing thought.

I had packed our swimwear away before the end of September - I ended up getting it out again for a couple of days on the coast this last week, my son was swimming in the sea! Hard to believe we will probably be firing the heating up tomorrow!!!

Heating on 2moz you woz Winters here at last. - Page 35 2079180590

You'll be telling us its flannelet nighties and bed socks next [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 am

Quote :
You'll be telling us its flannelet nighties and bed socks next

Sorry - not discussing what I wear in bed on an open forum Winters here at last. - Page 35 2381841692 Winters here at last. - Page 35 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:07 am

Entire Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Downpours

Code yellow has been declared for all Bulgarian regions Sunday, except the north-western Danube Region of Vidin, over the forecast for downpours.

The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.

Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.

A cold front is passing through the entire country from West to East, after the unusually high temperatures in the last weeks. In western Bulgaria the mercury is down by anywhere between 10 and 13 degrees Celsius, depending on the region.

Rain is expected all over Bulgaria Sunday and could turn into snow in elevations above 1 200 meters. The snow could also accumulate at some spots.

The maximum temperatures in Bulgaria will be between 10 and 16 degrees.

In eastern Bulgaria, the downpours will be accompanied by gusty winds from the north. Rain will be between 10 and 20 litres per square meter, up to 30 in the mountains, but there is no threat of floods.

The forecast for the mountains is for afternoon rain, thunder and strong winds.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:13 pm

I can certainly feel the cold in my old bones today so something is happening. Winters here at last. - Page 35 739492727
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 pm

it went fom 30c still and a cook out ,eating outside at 6pm yesterday...to ...rain rain rain ..the first here for months ..wind and highest temp of 15c , all day
fires lite !!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:41 pm

same here, just about to put fires on for the first time. Winters here at last. - Page 35 927475117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters here at last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 70Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 52 ... 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-