altText

Chilblains, Please Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Chilblains, Please Help! Empty
PostSubject: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 am

Has anybody got any home remedies to soothe chilblains?
My toes are painful and itchy at the moment and we can't get out to the pharmacy!
I'm using antiseptic cream at the moment, but it's not the answer.
Any suggestions? Angel
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:15 am

ouch, they can be painful. until you can get out to the chemist, try this for now. cut an onion, spread the juice on your feet, this should stop the itching. keep your feet well wrapped and warm.
ok you might be smelly but comfortable. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] H H H
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks star I'll give it a go. Husband says it won't make my feet smell any worse!
Cheek. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:06 am

Check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks Tony. Now I think I've got trench foot! Chilblains, Please Help! 1865348797
Seriously though, an interesting article. I like the bit where it says "
avoid alcohol
when going out in the snow"
. What a pity!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:31 am

This well know cure will work and it won't smell any worst than your onions

Chilblains

Chilblains are acral ulcers that occur when a predisposed individual is exposed to cold and humidity. Causes are idiopathic or manifestations of serious medical conditions that need to be investigated. A time proven method to reduce the itching and pain that goes with chilblain is to [size=150:34r4hrm9]soak your feet in a pot of warm urine. Yes – that’s right – pee. Urine is highly alkaline.
Let us know how you get on
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 am

willowsend wrote:

Chilblains

Chilblains are acral ulcers that occur when a predisposed individual is exposed to cold and humidity. Causes are idiopathic or manifestations of serious medical conditions that need to be investigated. A time proven method to reduce the itching and pain that goes with chilblain is to [size=150:sikk4sdn]soak your feet in a pot of warm urine. Yes – that’s right – pee. Urine is highly alkaline.

It is supposed to work Chilblains, Please Help! 3135333095 Chilblains, Please Help! 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 am

willowsend wrote:

Chilblains

Chilblains are acral ulcers that occur when a predisposed individual is exposed to cold and humidity. Causes are idiopathic or manifestations of serious medical conditions that need to be investigated. A time proven method to reduce the itching and pain that goes with chilblain is to [size=150:79n8p037]soak your feet in a pot of warm urine. Yes – that’s right – pee. Urine is highly alkaline.
Don't really fancy trying this one - especially heating it up! Chilblains, Please Help! 3135333095
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:44 am

Chilblains, Please Help! 3135333095[size=150:1od6s2wv]Good Luck with that Chilblains, Please Help! 2345823347

Bless you, must be awful how if all else fails try salt water. Sending you huge hug :group: :Arrrr: :Arrrrrrrr:s

Oddy xx
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 pm

try putting vasline on or lard if you havent got any. It takes the sting out and gets rid of dried skin at the same time. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Try this it can't be any worse than soaking in Pee s

Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:19 pm

thats torture. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:24 pm

My mother use to use chalk dipped in vinegar and rubbed on the surface of the chilblain and it always helped.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Daisy wrote:
Try this it can't be any worse than soaking in Pee s

What are you all trying to do to me?

T for all the helpful tips. I'll let you know how I get on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chilblains, Please Help!   Chilblains, Please Help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chilblains, Please Help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists & Health care-