altText
altText

Close Encounter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:06 am

We're not long back from our morning walk with our dogs.
Our route today took us past the cow barns where they get milked. There are fields either side of the road
we go along which take us back into the village. We usually meet the cows on the way out of the milking
parlour, and always keep the dogs on a short lead.
Today, however, the cows seemed especially curious of us which is a bit disconcerting to say the least!
We carried on walking, in the deep snow, but stopped when we heard a noise behind us. It was a bull,
who looked not too happy to see us! We started to walk bit quicker, and so did he.
I scooped the wee dog up into my arms and walked as fast as I could, but my poor husband couldn't pick
up our giant schnauzer so dragged her as fast as possible! Neither dogs made a sound, but the village dogs
were barking like mad.
Thank goodness the bull was unable to run through the snow, so I reckon we had a lucky escape.
I think we'll avoid that route for a while!
Mind you, not really sure why a bull should be out in an open area without any fencing.
That's Bulgaria for you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:29 am

We have something similar here with cows running loose. These aren't your normal cows, these have horns and can give you a nasty injury if they are applied in the wrong area. We look upon it as "
farming Turkish style,"
the locals don't take any notice of them wandering about but for us Brits it can be a bit disconcerting. I have been out walking our two bigs, one is a German Shepherd and other is an Anatolian Shepherd dog and have met a camel being led from the other direction by it's owner. These and other things are the pleasure of living in Asia Minor.

s s s
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Our dogs are often chased around the common land by cows when we're out walking. For future occasions, having lived on a dairy farm i would like to suggest you do not put your dogs on a lead if the cows look hostile and definately do not pick them up. It may be horrible to watch if your precious pet is being chased, but a dog can and will make its own get away if you are not hindering it. Whereas a cow will gorge you death to get at the dog your protecting. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Now if you had said a Chicken was with the Bull we could have said this is a 'Cock &
Bull story' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks for the advice beautifulangel, but when we walk our dogs through the village
we don't let them off the lead.
I think we'll just avoid the cows in the future! c
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Good one, tonyb60! Close Encounter! 1865348797
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:52 pm

well im glad it wasnt me, i would have panicked big style [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

used to go for picnics at mallam rock, to get there you had to go through farmers fields. one was a field full of sheep who just stared at you. except for one, this one was running at us, it had big horns (ram [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) im not one for running, but i ran that day.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Close Encounter! 3998065313 Ah you poor darling what an awful experience for you big :group:so glad you all got a way safe. You just never know what you bump into whilst out walking. We were chased but the geese nasty little critters. Now we carry a walking stick when we go out walking.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Wouldn't surprise me if a herd of Wilderbeast went past us when we are out walking over here, just about seen everything else!!

Close Encounter! 2381841692 Close Encounter! 2381841692 Close Encounter! 2381841692 Close Encounter! 2381841692
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:05 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
Close Encounter! 2142662594 Wouldn't surprise me if a herd of Wilderbeast went past us when we are out walking over here, just about seen everything else!!

Close Encounter! 2381841692 Close Encounter! 2381841692 Close Encounter! 2381841692 Close Encounter! 2381841692

Close Encounter! 2706089290 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 pm

I was woken one night to a lot of noise thinking it was an elephant in the garden only to find 3 wild boars which ran off as I shined the torch at then, I don't mind telling you it gave me a serious fright and not one I want to experience again, I don't know who was more frightened them or me Close Encounter! 927475117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Close Encounter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Encounter!   Close Encounter! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Encounter!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1