View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I know this is not bulgarian related, but every march i go to the uk to visit family. i love this visit, gives me time to catch up on family life and events. g
in the three week visit we have a mini holiday, this year i am going to the capital london, never been, always wanted but never got round to it. has anyone got recomendations of where to stay in london and has anyone been to the musicals, i fancy les miserables but dont know what its about, only ever been to swan lake. any views will be welcome. g H
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 am

Starlite, you must go and see Les Miserables! It is my favourite musical ever. I've seen it 4 times now and
the music is just fantastic!
I'm useless at explaining the plot, best look it up on Wikipedia.
If you do go, remember to take a hankie! Annual trip 511078427
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:14 pm

I love London and its theatres. I have been to loads of musicals and the ballet. My daughter is a professional and is working as in-house choreographer for 'Jersey Boys'. I have seen it several times and I always enjoy it. The audience always does too and often ends up standing and jigging away to the music of Frankie Vali. It is his story so its not just about the music. Very different to Les Miserables but that is what musical theatre is all about.
As for hotels - I wouldn't like to recommend because everyone's needs are different. Naturally I usually stay with family who live in or near London on my visits home which is often in March. Why not search the internet for weekend breaks which include hotel and show or use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is an easy site to use and has loads of hotels all over the world including London of course. Loads of info with recommendations and pictures and easy to book. Prices really competitive. They have never let me down.
Have a lovely holiday and enjoy that wonderful city of London.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:25 pm

thankyou, i am looking forward to this trip. all my life and never been to london. g s
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:39 pm

The musicals are brilliant but make sure you go on line and book tickets well in advance because they are usually sold out. Wicked and chitty chitty bang bang are amazing with really clever scenery. The Tower of London and the Natural history museam are definately worth going to. You haven't mentioned if you are driving but if you are you will need to go online and pay the congestion charge for innercity London because you only have 24hrs to pay or you get a very large fine and its difficult to find anywhere to pay it in person whilst in London.
The london dungeons are brilliant but Madam tussers was disapointing considering the cost to get it. Hope you have a fantastic holiday s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 pm

If you want to stay in the centre then a place called 'Days In"
is OK it is basic but OK it is quite near Waterloo and hence the London Eye. It is also very near the War Museum which is worth a look round as well. If you want to sight see then avoid the underground as it is what it says. Catch the London buses sit on the top deck and see most everything. You do not have to pay out a fortune either you can walk along the Southbank from Waterloo all the way up to London Bridge the pathway is right beside the Thames. Nice walk enjoy Annual trip 1430720830
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Starlight, Tanya,s son gave us 2 tickets for the musical THE LION KING for Xmas, which we went too a couple of weeks ago, it was very good and the costumes and props were amazing, its well worth a visit.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I saw the 'Lion King' too with friends but thought it best for a family with kiddies. Not terribly 'grown up' although the costumes were spectacular. Personally I wouldn't really recommend it but it so depends on what you expect of a musical. There are so many really good ones on offer. Go onto the internet and read the reviews or the websites of the shows themselves before spending a lot of money on tickets.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:29 pm

We went to the Lion King and it was lovely. Had a meal out and stayed at the 'Days In' go for it. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Star

Sign up to this and get the top deals [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ws-events/ They have really good deals with shows and hotels.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:22 pm

The "
Lion King"
is awesome! My daughter and I saw it a couple of years ago.
When the animals walk through the theatre it is really spectacular. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:44 pm

H :Hearts:I would love to see it too H
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm

"
Miss Saigon"
was brilliant too, but I don't think it's on anymore. Annual trip 927475117
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:51 pm

oldun wrote:
I saw the 'Lion King' too with friends but thought it best for a family with kiddies. Not terribly 'grown up' although the costumes were spectacular. Personally I wouldn't really recommend it but it so depends on what you expect of a musical. There are so many really good ones on offer.

I understand what you are saying oldun, and to be honest I also thought it was for children and familys before I went. but actually it was a full house and i did not see to many children, and everyone seemed to very much enjoy it. In fact I have one adult pupil that has seen it 4 times, and yes he has seen lots of other shows as he works at one of the theaters.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi starlite
A young Bulgarian couple, Veronica and Mitko who came to the Orphanage party with me in October (see them talking to a child in a photo on Ashley's front page) went to London last year for a five day break. Veronica works as the sales manager for Chartair Travel Agency in Varna so was able to organise their trip regarding flight's, hotel and a programme of all the places they wanted to visit. I know they have kept a diary of their visit and how much everything cost. My wife and I call them our Bulgarian children, they both speak excellent English and I know that if you wanted any advice or information they would be only to pleased to help. If you would like to contact Veronica please pm me and I will give you the details
ATB Annual trip 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Annual trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Annual trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annual trip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next