altText
altText

Fact finding mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dave & Nik

Fact finding mission - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello,
After reading the good advice that we have already received on this forum our next step must be to come and have a look around. We understand and expect the 'rural' aspects that we will find as we have both traveled extensively in the past, we know it won't be like England.
It looks likely that my wife Nik will be coming out to 'check out' possible villages/areas within the next couple of months. Manchester is our nearest major airport so she will likely fly to Sofia then travel onwards to the area that we are most interested in (which we don't know yet..!!!). Are travel links good from Sofia? Are there any areas that aren't well served? Would it be worth hiring a car? Err....oh, thats it for now - drinky time.....

Cheers, Dave. Fact finding mission - Page 2 1995268642
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Good luck with your trip. I would definately hire a car to view in the villages and a sat nav or bulgarian map is a must. We have a truck sat nav which covers all of bulgaria in detail including the villages. Bought :Good luck:boff ebay for 55 pounds if your looking for one and a local map from the first petrol station we came to when we first arrived in bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
BenT
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am

You said you will hire car .. which company you can recommend ?
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:07 am

There are buses and trains from Sofia to ruse. We caught the train for 31levs each a couple of weeks ago. I would definately hire a car if you are interested in houses in the villages round ruse because the buses go near the villages but not into them all and it can be quite a long walk to where you want to be. Plus you'll save time as the buses don't run that often so you'll be able to see more.
If you do decide to hire a car make sure you go round it with the agent and photograph any scratches n marks etc that are on it, before you set off. Most of the companies are ok but one or two will try and charge you for damage already done. I would recommend you go with one of the cheaper companies that has older cars if you havent driven in bulgaria before, because the pot holes can sneak up on you and the companies with the older cars seem to be more forgiving about the odd scratch.
Hope you have a fantastic trip and find what you are looking for. s
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 pm

BenT wrote:

I would recomend these and the owner Sylvia speaks better english than I do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Fact finding mission - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:50 am

davshaz wrote:
BenT wrote:

I would recomend these and the owner Sylvia speaks better english than I do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Fact finding mission - Page 2 2581928987
I would recommend these too we've used them several times and always had really good helpful service. s
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Dave &Nik wrote:
Hello,
After reading the good advice that we have already received on this forum our next step must be to come and have a look around. We understand and expect the 'rural' aspects that we will find as we have both traveled extensively in the past, we know it won't be like England.
It looks likely that my wife Nik will be coming out to 'check out' possible villages/areas within the next couple of months. Manchester is our nearest major airport so she will likely fly to Sofia then travel onwards to the area that we are most interested in (which we don't know yet..!!!). Are travel links good from Sofia? Are there any areas that aren't well served? Would it be worth hiring a car? Err....oh, thats it for now - drinky time.....

Cheers, Dave. Fact finding mission - Page 2 1995268642

Hi hows it going with you fact finding? have you managed to get yourself in a position where you can start to move forward.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Good question I don't think they have been back for a while so maybe they found out what they wanted Fact finding mission - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

It's very odd that they should as few questions and then disapear? I hope they are ok s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fact finding mission   Fact finding mission - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fact finding mission

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2