altText

Money the root of all evil?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Money the root of all evil? Empty
PostSubject: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 pm

I found this old recording of the Andrew's sisters on Youtube recently and thought it very apt in these financially precarious times. 'Money is the Root of all Evil!' Don't know how to post the link but maybe Admin can??? Pretty please. H
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Is it this one ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Brilliant oldun I don't remember the Andrew sisters but it does send a message. Money the root of all evil? 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:47 pm

:Hearts:Admin you are a star. How do you do that and many thanks?
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Yes that's the one and I just thought it so apt so I looked for it on Youtube which is brilliant. Found it easily and several other recordings. Glad you thought so too Sallyann - I expect the Andrews Sisters were before your time but I remember it because I am so old. Olduns are best eh?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Fab! Well done Oldun how true are those words 'money is the root of all evil' Money the root of all evil? 1865348797
Back to top Go down
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Yes we all say ‘money is the root of all evil,’ but the actual quote come from the bible, Timothy 6:10 (King James Version): and says, ‘For the love of money is the root of all evil.’

Patricia Marie ("
Patty"
) Andrews, is the only sister still living and will be 94 tomorrow the 16th Feb 2012.

Happy birthday Patty, I’ve enjoyed your records over the years.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 am

Thank you for that Silky. I truly to believe that the love of money (greed?) is the root of all evil. Money itself is, of course, important but it should not rule a life. This I think is the Bible message.
Happy birthday to Patti.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 am

I think that the money is root to all evil saying has a lot more in common with Christianity then any other religion. Money the root to all evil? Yes I say it is. Without money we still be depending on cultivating land and trading fairly but money gives us the opportunity to take a promised owed value and this is what triggers off entrepreneurial activity. Does this modern life style give us happiness? Or does it give is us false security and temporary high with destructive consequences and great opportunity for people to screw us. As Greek philosophers said humans are happiest when... they are .. one with nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money the root of all evil?   Money the root of all evil? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Money the root of all evil?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1