altText

British Trade Article on Embassy Website

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MacBoyUK
Junior user
Junior user

British Trade Article on Embassy Website Empty
PostSubject: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Catherine Barber, the Chargé d'Affaires at the British Embassy in Sofia has written a [url=http:
//blogs.
fco.
gov.
uk/catherinebarber/2011/12/22/doing-business-in-bulgaria/#comment-44:21kydlzn]good article[/url:21kydlzn] about the efforts of the FCO in boosting British business here.

I've also written a comment to the piece, pointing out the less obvious but still valuable part played by British expats and their businesses, in promoting British commercial and cultural values (a case in point for the latter being the fantastic support given to the Silistra Orphanage by members of this forum, which without their help would be in a very different place indeed).

We've only been in business a short time as you know, but we are already receiving compliments from Bulgarian customers for our fully-bilingual website and high standards of customer service, which we have been told are 'unthinkable' here normally.

Some of us also buy British too, which in a small way goes to help the trade balance (pallets of British beer in our case!).

What do you think? Do you think we're overlooked or valued by our political masters back home?

PS my comment is 'awaiting moderation'- let's see whether it gets published!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:27 am

Good Post Mac!

PS. I moved the duplicate entry to the Bin and left this one where it should be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 am

Good post but being honest I do think sometimes these people on these government sites should really take a closer look and see what its like on the ground. I'm not saying that this isn't something good but more "
If only they would look into stuff like this in a deeper way"
Back to top Go down
MacBoyUK
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Sorry about the dupe, Chris.. probably just me, but I couldn't find a post delete button anywhere!

And just to let you all know, we are talking to some of the Embassy people, who are proving to be very supportive - so I'll keep on at them for all our sakes!

PS that'll be the black cross with 'delete post' at the top of the post, then! :::kicks self::: British Trade Article on Embassy Website 794030042
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:58 am

MacBoyUK wrote:
PS that'll be the black cross with 'delete post' at the top of the post, then! :::kicks self:::

That's the one! g
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
MacBoyUK
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 am

Catherine Barber, the Chargé d'Affaires at the British Embassy in Sofia, has now responded to my comment on the thread - see [url=http:
//blogs.
fco.
gov.
uk/catherinebarber/2011/12/22/doing-business-in-bulgaria:1hvcn0b1]here[/url:1hvcn0b1].

I'd encourage more of the expat community in business here to engage with the Embassy - there are useful contacts and support to be found - and Catherine in particular seems to be working hard to assist with the revival of the British Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce.

(we're also pleased to note that the new Ambassador [url=http:
//ukinbulgaria.
fco.
gov.
uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/charge-d-affaires/next-ambassador:1hvcn0b1]Jonathan Allen[/url:1hvcn0b1] is following Beers.BG on Twitter!)

A Happy New Year to everyone from myself &
Desi! British Trade Article on Embassy Website 3023850720
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Had a look and its quite interesting and will try and look on that site a lot more if I remeber but at my age I sometimes forget who I am British Trade Article on Embassy Website 2381841692
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:34 pm

krypton wrote:
Had a look and its quite interesting and will try and look on that site a lot more if I remeber but at my age I sometimes forget who I am British Trade Article on Embassy Website 2381841692

I know the feeling. Now what was I doing and where am I British Trade Article on Embassy Website 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Trade Article on Embassy Website   British Trade Article on Embassy Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

British Trade Article on Embassy Website

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1