Bansko ski season opener party spoiler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm

[size=75:3fq3s9xt]Sofia echo Wed, Dec 09 2009

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The 2009/2010 ski season in Bansko, which is arguably hailed as the Balkan Peninsula's most developed ski resort, is scheduled to be officially launched on December 12 2009, but the main dampener of the festivities for the moment appears to be the lack of snow, Investor.bg reported on December 9 2009.

The snow cannons are operational when temperatures drop below zero, but the snow cover is still far from sufficient, Ivan Obreikov, head of the Yulen ski centre, the main concessioner in the mountain said, quoted by the Bulgarian news agency (BTA).

Bansko ski authorities are banking on the weather "
improving"
by the end of the week, meaning a significant drop in temperature and sustained snowfall so that the "
decor of the mountain is appropriate for the season's launch"

The inauguration ceremony will be staged on Bunderishka Polyana ski centre with the participation of former Olympic and world champions. Guests will be treated to a parallel slalom on the resort's main slope, Alberto Tomba, featuring Bulgarian legend Petar Popangelov, Austrian Marc Girardelli, Pirmin Zurbriggen from Switzerland and Slovenia's Bojan Križaj. The race will be shown live on private national bTV broadcaster.

The gondola from Bansko to Bunderishka Polyana is currently operational. Reportedly, there is "
sufficient"
amount of snow in the higher parts of the mountain but the slopes are not prepared yet.

Is this the effects of Global warming ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:53 pm

I think you maybe right Ashley I'm sure that there should be more snow in Bulgaria now and I have noticed that it has got warmer over there as each year passes it can only be bad news for these resorts who rely on the snow

sarah
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 am

We had a neighbour drop round last night and he said he's never known a December in Kotel that has been so mild.

Even last year we had a meter of snow by the 1st of December. This year, nothing.

However, the forecast is for snow at the weekend which should continue up until Christmas.

I'll keep you posted!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am

Yes your right Chris I have spent a lot of time in Bulgaria over the years and I've seem the seasons change dramatically, I have friends over there and they are wondering where the snow is but as said earlier maybe this is what they call global warming
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:42 am

Well ... it's here! The Snow that is.

Woke up to about 5 cms of fresh snow this morning and it's snowed steadily ever since.

Huge relief to the folks in the Ski Resorts I imagine!

Will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:55 am

Great news Chris as you say its much needed by the ski resorts unfortunately here its sunny and last night it was so warm I couldn't sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bansko ski season opener party spoiler   Bansko ski season opener party spoiler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1