altText

Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria   Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm

I was just thinking about personality traits that might be useful for living permanently in Bulgaria, or anywhere abroad for that matter. This follows my train of thought after posting on 'why Brits are not buying in Bulgaria'. I would suggest the following:
1. Self reliance.
2. Sense of humour
3. Ability to accept new culture
4. The ability to make new friendships based on knowledge and not gossip.
5. Ability to sort out problems without blaming the country, someone else etc etc
6. The ability to take the rough with the smooth.
7. To accept that we are not all the same which applies to all nationalities
8. To accept the rules and regulations of the new country even if they seem ridiculous.
9. To accept the climate and understand that 'cold' means colder than you ever experienced in Britain and similarly 'hot'.
10. Give Bulgaria a chance before you complain and don't try to change the country to your desires.
Lastly just remember that Bulgarians complain about the way things are here too just as Brits do in Britain. Its for them to sort out not us.
Well thats my list and if someone thinking of moving here doesn't think they can fulfill this list then my advice would be -retiring abroad particularly in Bulgaria, is not for you.
This could be a very helpful list. Anyone add more or does anyone disagree?
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria   Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria 570106603 Brilliant oldun here's one, Accept people for what they are not how you would like them to be Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria 2581928987
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria   Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Brilliant list, I quite agree. Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria 570106603
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria   Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:37 pm

oldun wrote:
I was just thinking about personality traits that might be useful for living permanently in Bulgaria, or anywhere abroad for that matter. This follows my train of thought after posting on 'why Brits are not buying in Bulgaria'. I would suggest the following:
1. Self reliance.
2. Sense of humour
3. Ability to accept new culture
4. The ability to make new friendships based on knowledge and not gossip.
5. Ability to sort out problems without blaming the country, someone else etc etc
6. The ability to take the rough with the smooth.
7. To accept that we are not all the same which applies to all nationalities
8. To accept the rules and regulations of the new country even if they seem ridiculous.
9. To accept the climate and understand that 'cold' means colder than you ever experienced in Britain and similarly 'hot'.
10. Give Bulgaria a chance before you complain and don't try to change the country to your desires.
Lastly just remember that Bulgarians complain about the way things are here too just as Brits do in Britain. Its for them to sort out not us.
Well thats my list and if someone thinking of moving here doesn't think they can fulfill this list then my advice would be -retiring abroad particularly in Bulgaria, is not for you.
This could be a very helpful list. Anyone add more or does anyone disagree?

Brilliant list you could also add learn to be Bulgarian and be laid back without falling over Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria   Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal attributes for living in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1