altText

House Centipedes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:38 pm

How I hate these things! They scuttle about at great speed, too quick for a brush or similar to whack them
with!
Anyone know the most effective way of getting rid of them? I spray Raid around the doors and windows regularly (except when I used
furniture polish by mistake!) but still they come. I don't mind most creepy-crawlies and am not afraid of spiders, but these things
really freak me - and my husband - out. Even the dog won't go near them. Do they bite? Now I'm really scaring myself. Help! :Please: :P1:
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:00 pm

We never used to get them - But, this year, for the first time, we have loads. I am told they do not bite and actually eat a lot of other nasty insects found in houses!!!

Does that make you feel any better about them????
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Scunnered
Scunnered

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks Esta, but I am still scared! When the bedside light gets switched off, I just imagine them all rampaging about and actually
landing on the bed. Perhaps I need counselling!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also heard that they do nip. Hope you are right. T
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:51 pm

If the centipede is black and orange in colour then do not touch it with bare hands look up on the net Insects Found in BG and learn more. This particular one is dangerous and can bite it is also recommended that if bitten then seek medical treatment. So sorry to scare you but best to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Scunnered, I was assuming you were talking about those brown things that dash around the walls at night?
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Might be asking a lot but any chance of a picture?
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is what they look like! Just click on the link.

These are the ones you're talking about Esta? :eek:
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:33 pm

They are really ugly looking things scunnered my other half would go mad if she saw one of those in the house.

House Centipedes 2345823347 House Centipedes 2345823347 House Centipedes 2345823347
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Yes, those are the ones!!!! I don't like the look of them close up - wish I had not seen that!!!!

But they do eat so many other nasties - and they do scuttle away as you go near them - rather them than spiders, ants etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:02 pm

tonyb60, I've just seen pictures of the ones you mean. Rest assured I will not be going anywhere near them
if at all possible!! :shock:
Back to top Go down
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:23 am

Esta wrote:
Yes, those are the ones!!!! I don't like the look of them close up - wish I had not seen that!!!!

But they do eat so many other nasties - and they do scuttle away as you go near them - rather them than spiders, ants etc etc.
Eeeek,they look so creepy and I also wish like Esta,I hadn't seen a close up!I have been told they are harmless and my aim is getting quicker at batting them,but a good squirt of insect killer normally gets them down,I guess it's one of those things we all get used to.Tony is right,watch out for the orange legged beasties,they are nasty!
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:50 am

try burning the insect repelant candles. i burn them for half an hour before bed. they dont smell very nice but it does seem to get rid of the centipieds. at least till your a sleep and cant see them anyway. House Centipedes 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Hiya flower

So good to hear from you and we are all truly delighted you are settling in well now. g

When we were there we also had this ugly creepy crawlies and boy did they move House Centipedes 3135333095 We sprayed the bedroom an closed the door and not once did see any crawlies g

You will be fine, they are harmless our neigbours said as he picked one off the wall and chuck it out House Centipedes 2345823347
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 am

They're back! I hadn't seen any all summer, but they are now back with a vengeance.
I'm sure I go through more raid on them than everything else combined! I go round the
house at night with a can of it in my hand before I go to bed. Not that I'm paranoid of course! :shock:
Anybody else have this irrational fear? I don't mind any other creepy-crawlies, and quite like
spiders! :Yes:
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 am

Scunnered wrote:
They're back! I hadn't seen any all summer, but they are now back with a vengeance.
I'm sure I go through more raid on them than everything else combined! I go round the
house at night with a can of it in my hand before I go to bed. Not that I'm paranoid of course! :shock:
Anybody else have this irrational fear? I don't mind any other creepy-crawlies, and quite like
spiders! :Yes:

It is a proven fact that on average a human being swallows 9 spiders whilst sleeping at night during their lifetime!! Gulp!! I must have swallowed 6 already, yummee, yummee!!!

House Centipedes 2381841692 House Centipedes 2381841692 House Centipedes 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

House Centipedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Centipedes   House Centipedes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Centipedes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next