Swim Ban in Danube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Swim ban in the Danube waters in north-east Bulgaria

Sofia Echo

The regional health inspection agency in the town of Montana has banned swimming in the Danube due to pollution and non-compliance with European standards.

The ban is the fourth in as many years, Bulgarian National Television (BNT) reported on May 18.

Lora Filipova, an expert from Montana regional health inspection agency told BNT that the main source of pollution is waste waters heading directly into the river.

Only last year, the agency tested Danube waters near the town of Lom 10 times. All results showed deviations in microbiological norms.

Polluted waters can cause various health problems, especially for children, pregnant women and people with allergies. Filipova said that swimming in the polluted waters can cause stomach ache, problems breathing and skin allergies, among other problems.

At the end of May, the regional health inspection agency will test the waters near the town of Lom but until then, swimming is banned, the mayor said. Additionally, no lifeguards will be appointed to the town's beach this year.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:46 pm

It was not that long ago that the beaches at Ramsgate and Margate were polluted over the permitted level. So its nothing new.

If the UK get it wrong then what hope have the Bulgarians got its all part of the infrastructure up grade, it will take years probably will not get resolved in my life time.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Swim Ban in Danube 3998065313

Oh ahhhhhh I for one certainly would not dip my big toe in the Danube Swim Ban in Danube 2345823347 It is an awful brown dirty looking color. I dread to think what is at the bottom. Swim Ban in Danube 3998065313

Oddy
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:19 pm

oddball wrote:
SpeakNo

Oh ahhhhhh I for one certainly would not dip my big toe in the Danube Swim Ban in Danube 2345823347 It is an awful brown dirty looking color. I dread to think what is at the bottom. Swim Ban in Danube 3998065313

Oddy

Are you sure you have got that right Oddy, I was always lead to believe that the Danube was BLUE Swim Ban in Danube 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:31 am

Unfortunatly the Danube ends in Bulgaria, so all the muck that every country along way decides to chuck in it ends in Bulgaria, there has always been a warning about swimming in it, the same as any river in the world but I have seen people swimming in it for years. Not saying I would be I would not swim in the Black sea either.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:13 am

Its a shame the Danube is very beautiful but as its at the end in Bulgaria this is where all the rubbish ends up so its become a cesspit.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Most of us believe that the Danube is beautiful and is charismatic in it's appeal to foreigners, it's a shame to hear the down side as well.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:21 pm

thanks for the warning we always swim in it when were working on the house nr lom. might not this time. T
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Swim Ban in Danube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swim Ban in Danube   Swim Ban in Danube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swim Ban in Danube

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1