altText

Arrived at last, but with sadness too.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

We left the UK late Thursday 7th and arrived on Sun 10th. We've just got connected to the internet today.
Our journey was pretty uneventful, no problems at the Romania/Bulgaria border, except that we tried to go through the
diplomatic control by mistake!
Our two dogs came with us, Robbie a springer spaniel and Tansy a miniature dachshund. Their passports were never looked at.
As soon as we got to our house, we unpacked then took the dogs for a walk.
They were both full of the joys and loved all the new smells. When we got back, Robbie was sick once and then had diarrhoea. He had
breathing problems and then he went very cold.
We were able to get hold of a local vet in VT (despite it being 5pm on a Sunday evening) and we took him straight there.
Sadly, our beloved, faithful friend of 8 years died as we got there. To say we are devastated is an understatement. The vet thought he had been
poisoned. He died within 5 hours of our arrival. We have no idea what happened. He was a lively, healthy dog when we left the UK.
We only gave them bottled water to drink on the journey. Tansy is perfectly okay, although missing her friend.
I realise some people will say he was only a dog, but any dog owner knows they are part of the family.
Anyway, we have planted a little tree in his memory. Perhaps we will get a new companion for Tansy, but not yet. Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Daisy, nearly right - it was sweet potatoes we wanted to grow/buy. I did bring some over
with us but we've eaten them already! We had them roasted and I made soup. Delicious [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just need my friends to bring some more over in June!
Back to top Go down
sharona58

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

We are so sad to here about your dog, you must have been heart broken. We have recently arrived with our animals and can't imagine how we would have coped if the same thing had happened to our Moll or Pud. I hope you will find another faithful little friend in due course and wish you well for the future.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 am

Welcome and I hope you have many happy years in Bulgaria with your new life Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrived at last, but with sadness too.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2