trying blog writing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

trying blog writing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

My family keep telling me I should write a book because I have a good imagination. But personnally I think i'm too lazy. So I figured I'd try this and then I'll find out if i'm lazy and everyone else can tell me if its any good.
So the story begins.

Esra couldn't remember a time when she hadn't spent all her time surrounded by horses, cleaning tack, mucking out, feeding, grooming. She let out a big sigh."
God my life's soooo boring,"
she said to no one in particular. Turning towards her her bedroom window she stared unseeing at the scene below. Horses heads nodded over their doors. The yards collection of non discript dogs rooted around in the mud looking for titbits. Children excitedly led their ponies towards the large building in the corner which was the indoor school ,ready for their lessons. Esra thought frustratedly that she just wanted something to happen. Anything! She wanted to be glamorous, tall , blonde. Like one of the showjumpers on Jacks yard up the road. They drove up in their smart sports cars and shiney 4x4's at all times of the day and night. Swishing their uniform long blonde hair, in tight fitting jodpurs or designer mini dresses, with endless long legs in sky high stilleto heels. Totally unsuitable;
but they looked amazing. Turning slowly towards the dirty cracked mirror on the wall, Esra inspected the figure within. In her head she imagined she was also tall, thin and exciting looking. Unfortunately in reality she was small, almost elf like;
with masses of long black curls, which tumbled down her back in disarray. She had large green eyes which dominated her face and a slightly too large mouth. All inherited from her romany grandmother;
as was riding and need for excitement.
Esra had worked at Sky equestrian center since her fifteenth birthday, when her family had decided she should either marry her cousin joe or step out on her own. The pain of being rejected by her family still stung, but the relief of life without the lanky, bullish and slightly creepy thing that was cousin joe won out every time. Shrugging her shoulders Esra determindly picked up her old green barbour jacket and sqaushed her feet into the battered old riding boots which had laid forlornly on the bedroom floor."
I'd better get outside before Joan goes mental."
she said to herself. Joan was the owner of Sky. She was a large agressive woman, with short manly cropped red hair. Her clothes strained in every direction when she moved and her strident voice carried for miles as she screeched insults and instructions at her poor unfortunated staff.

Well thats my opening. All advise gratefully recieved. By the way I can't spell so expect mistakes till I work out how to use the spell check. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 pm

my tv has packed in and not much browsing the internet to be done with the dodgy dongle so here's another attempt at short storys. got no idea where its going so it will be a surprise to us all.

Darkness covered the land, shadows moved between the trees in the dim moonlight. In the distance a lone wolf bayed at the slither of moon. Carley held her breath, coming to Bulgaria was supposed to be the start of a new adventure. It had seemed like such a good idea;
when she'd been safe and warm in her flat in Whitby, now alone in her newly aquired overgrown garden she wasn't so sure. Scolding herself to stop being so silly she carefully worked her way towards the outhouse toilet. "
Ouch!,"
she shouted out loud as she tripped over a burried concrete post. Silently adding a torch to the list of things she'd by tomorrow, she continued on her way. Finally making the door she let out a sigh of relief;
although having opened the door and seen all the spiders, she wasn't sure how relieved she was to have made it. Just be quick and get back insideshe thought.
Just as she closed the toilet door she thought she saw a shadow move close by outside. "
Hello, I erm... mean, Doba den, no erm.. Doba vetecher."
Oh hell, she thought, all that bulgarian practice and I can't even remember the word for hello. She rushed outside but there was no one there. I'm sure I saw someone she thought as she fought her way back to the derelect building she now called home.
Back to top Go down
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi beautifulangel,

Great start got the reader wondering what’s going on, and what the shadow was.

As I’d tell my students;
write the first draft from the heart and the second from the head. In other words get it down on paper and edit later.

John
trying blog writing - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Huddled inside her old blue sleeping bag, carley listened for sounds of anyone or anything in the shrubbery outside. Shadows played along the cracked walls. I'm not scared! she thought snuggling futher under the cover.
At the first sign of morning sun, Carley leapt out of her sleeping bag. All night she had kept a nervous vidual listening out for the person she thought she saw in the shadows. Now feeling braver in the daylight she went to investigate. Looking amongst the overgrown weeds for signs of foot prints, she found yesterdays newspaper. "
Well! that proves it,"
she exclaimed, but why wouldn't they answer? she wondered;
and more importantly why was who ever it was wandering around my garden in the middle of the night. She felt the cold fingers of fear creaping up her back again, but here in the sunshine it all seemed too ridiculous to be frightening. Probably just taking a short cut, she thought to her self. Nether the less, tonight she would be waiting. just in case.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 pm

trying blog writing - Page 3 3998065313 trying blog writing - Page 3 3998065313 trying blog writing - Page 3 3998065313 Oh no I can hardly wait. More please - trying blog writing - Page 3 2706089290 Well done my lovely be guided by John he knows his stuff. You never know you may even get into one of his books he writes for the Orphanage. trying blog writing - Page 3 3356871870
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Having spent the day wandering around exploring the small town of Razgrad and collecting some much needed supplies, Carley was feeling much happier and more relaxed. The events of the previous night seemed silly;
while she was sat outside a small bar enjoying the hot turkish coffee. It's my overactive imagination, she thought, laughing at herself. Maybe I should cut a path through the weeds to the toilet before tonight she mussed as she looked through the bars menu.
Finally, Full of a delicious meal of chicken karvanara and a glass of full bodied red wine;
she returned to the small village of trastika and her tumbled down home. Gathering her newly purchased scythe she started to cut a path through the weeds from the front gate to the house. After a couple of hours solid work the garden started to resemble something more than an elaborate weed patch. Feeling a huge sense of achievement, Carley sat on the porch and admired her work.
Dusk had long since set in and soon she was sat beneath the stars, listening to the sound of toads in the river, dogs were barking in the distance and the occasional shout could be heard from the village bar. Suddenly feeling exhusted Carley stretched and turned to enter the house. The minute her back was turned she heard the same russelling noise as the night before. She stood frozen to the spot. Turn around! she told herself several times before she dare take a peek.
Looking over one shoulder she tried to get a glimse of what was making the noise. This is riduculous, she told herself spinning round. "
Hello,"
she called out nervously. Then she paused, open mouthed, There in front of her stood the most beautiful man she had ever seen.
He was about 5ft 8 with jet black hair curling on to his shoulders. His body was lean and muscular beneath his tight fitting t shirt and jeans. His eyes;
which were currently fixed on her, were dark, almost black in the moon light. Carley's mouth felt dry, her tongue was heavy as she tried to speak. Closing her eyes for a second;
to try and compose herself, she blinked ,then looked back at the stranger except he'd gone. How did he do that? she wondered as her eyes searched the garden for any sign of movement. People can't just disappear she thought.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 am

Excellent you clearly have a talent for this sort of thing and you should in my opinion continue and who knows you may even write a book of short stories. trying blog writing - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 am

I have to say that your writings are very good and inspiring, I'm sure you could put together a book of short stories or better stil maybe write a full blown book? either way you have a great talent and I wish you the very best with it . s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Andy wrote:
Excellent you clearly have a talent for this sort of thing and you should in my opinion continue and who knows you may even write a book of short stories. trying blog writing - Page 3 570106603

trying blog writing - Page 3 2706089290 Couldn't have said it better myself Andy g Well done excellent read.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Carley continued into the house and went to bed. It had been a long day and shewas exhusted. Her misteriousstranger would have to wait till tomorrow she thought;
as she snuggled down into her sleeping bag. In seconds she was sound asleep.
As Carley lay snoring quietly on her blow up matteress on the floor, her door quietly creaked open. In walked the stranger;
his feet seemed to glid silently across the floor. Stopping at the end of the mattress he gazed at Carley. Her blonde hair spread out across her pillow;
with a few long tendrels falling across her face and neck. She had pushed her sleeping bag down, to reveal an amble bussom;
barely covered by a tight strap top. Her checks were slightly flushed in the unacustomed heat. For what seemed an eternity he stood staring, then abruptly he turned away and went over to the old fire;
which still stood folornly in the corner. From behind it he pulled out a pile of stained papers. Tucking them inside his pocket he turned back towards where Carley lay. She' s the most beautifu woman I've seen in over a thousand years he thought, but nothing;
not even a beautiful woman, could stand in the way of his mission. with a sigh of regret he made for the door;
just as it banged shut, Carley awoke with a start. Goosebumps prickled over her skin. I could have sworn there was someone in here she thought;
grabing her torch she stumbled outside. All was quiet, she flashed the torches powerful beam around, but nothing.
Turning back into her house she noticed the fire had been moved. Now really frightened, she edged her way towards it. As she bent to look behind it, she noticed in the dirt, a gold ring. On it was a crest of two dragons entwined, with a dagger sliced between the two.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:31 am

trying blog writing - Page 3 2706089290 fab really exciting stuff T and well done!!! H
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I'll give it an A- Very good but now do the headstuff and check spellings as Silky suggested. I'm interested.....
Back to top Go down
vulcho
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:25 pm

trying blog writing - Page 3 2706089290 trying blog writing - Page 3 570106603 trying blog writing - Page 3 3023850720 s
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Appologies for the appalling spelling oldun. i'm dyslexic and unfortunately find that if spell check doesnt tell me I don't know. But I'll spell check before putting it on here so it may improve :Sunny:more to follow later today when ive finished digging out my pool. Thanks for all the positive comments everyone.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:35 am

Bright and early Carley got up and dressed and walked down to the small village shop. The dragon ring tucked safely in her pocket. I tink i'll show it to anyone in the shop, she thought, they might know who it belongs to. The shop was full as she approached and Carley thought nervously, I can't remember any bulgarian, I'll just say please and show them the ring;
i wish i'd consentrated more on my lessons.
Taking a deep breath she entered the shop to the sound of ringing bells. Everyone turned round and looked at her, "
Erm... Doba den,"
she stuttered. Taking the ring from her pocket she held it out nervously, "
Molya,"
the women stared in horror. Several began crossing themselves and rushing for the door. One lady screamed and fell to the floor in a dead faint;
Carley looked on in horror.
Eventually the shop emptied of most of the customers and Carley remained with the unconsiously lady, the shop keeper and an old lady;
who had been watching the proceedings with interest. Coming closer to Carley, she held out her shriven fingers for the ring. Taking hold she turned the ring around in hr hand;
inspecting it from every angle. Giving the ring back to Carley she said, "
Dark Hunter's,"
then left the shop. "
Wait,"
shouted Carley, chasing the woman out of the shop, "
What are dark hunters?"
But exactly the same as her nightly visitor, the woman had vanished.
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 am

Thank you that was lovely, its good to read something like this from a person who hasn't done it for commercial;
reasons it seems to mean more to me that way trying blog writing - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trying blog writing   trying blog writing - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trying blog writing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next