View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 am

Hello All

I need some help please, our local mayor finishes his term of office in November of this year.

I have been asked by a few of the locals to put my name forward as a candidate , I thought they were joking but they said they weren't and that they would vote for me.

Now I am not out to change the world, I respect the way of life here in the village, and I am aware of the problems with money etc that is allocated to the local mayor, but I would like to give it a go, and If I can make a difference, even in a small way then I would be happy.

My Bulgarian is not to bad but I have a friend who would translate for me on a daily basis, for a small fee, I would pay for him out of my wage, so thats that problem solved.

My question is, can I apply for this position, I have lived here now for 3 years and we are part of the village, but do I need to be a full resident.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks

Darrell
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 am

Hi Darrell

This will be an interesting post for me to watch - My husbands name has often been suggested, by the locals, for the next Mayor. He does quite a lot for the village (more than the current mayor does for sure)

I do know that there is/was at least one village in Bg that has an English mayor - I just can' remember where I saw this report.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
oddball
oddball

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 am

s

Good for you Darrell - I should think this will be a very challenging post for a British person but if it is something you feel you can do, than go for it you will never know until you try. Local Mayor 3356871870

You might find this post of interest too viewtopic.php?f=30&
t=3147

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Darrell

Long time no speak! Hope you're both OK.

Why not book a meeting with the current mayor and ask him? Seems you've nothing to lose and he should know the rules and regulations about you taking on the post.

Take a translator if you're not sure!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Does this help Darrel I got it from a friend of mine. Good luck but I'm not too sure from reading this that you qualify? but I maybe wrong?

Art. 4a. (New - SG. 49 of 2007, in force from 19.06.2007, am. - SG. 63 of 2007, in force since 03.08.2007) The right to be elected to municipal Adviser has any citizen of the country - State of the European Union, which is not a Bulgarian citizen and have citizenship in a country outside the European Union, the age is 18 years including on election day, is not under guardianship, not serving a custodial sentence, there status or permanent resident in Bulgaria, he lived before the scheduled elections in the municipality is not deprived of the right to be elected in the Member State of nationality, and a written statement expressing their willingness to be elected

Original

Чл. 4а. (Нов - ДВ, бр. 49 от 2007 г., в сила от 19.06.2007 г., изм. - ДВ, бр. 63 от 2007 г., в сила от 03.08.2007 г.) Право да бъде избран за общински съветник има и всеки гражданин на държава - членка на Европейския съюз, който не е български гражданин, няма гражданство в държава извън Европейския съюз, навършил е 18 години към изборния ден включително, не е поставен под запрещение, не изтърпява наказание лишаване от свобода, има статут на продължително или постоянно пребиваващ в Република България, живял е преди датата на насрочване на изборите в съответната община, не е лишен от правото да бъде избиран в държавата членка, на която е гражданин, и с писмена декларация е заявил желанието си да бъде избран.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:12 pm

sallyann wrote:
Does this help Darrel I got it from a friend of mine. Good luck but I'm not too sure from reading this that you qualify? but I maybe wrong?

Art. 4a. (New - SG. 49 of 2007, in force from 19.06.2007, am. - SG. 63 of 2007, in force since 03.08.2007) The right to be elected to municipal Adviser has any citizen of the country - State of the European Union, which is not a Bulgarian citizen and have citizenship in a country outside the European Union, the age is 18 years including on election day, is not under guardianship, not serving a custodial sentence, there status or permanent resident in Bulgaria, he lived before the scheduled elections in the municipality is not deprived of the right to be elected in the Member State of nationality, and a written statement expressing their willingness to be elected

Original

Чл. 4а. (Нов - ДВ, бр. 49 от 2007 г., в сила от 19.06.2007 г., изм. - ДВ, бр. 63 от 2007 г., в сила от 03.08.2007 г.) Право да бъде избран за общински съветник има и всеки гражданин на държава - членка на Европейския съюз, който не е български гражданин, няма гражданство в държава извън Европейския съюз, навършил е 18 години към изборния ден включително, не е поставен под запрещение, не изтърпява наказание лишаване от свобода, има статут на продължително или постоянно пребиваващ в Република България, живял е преди датата на насрочване на изборите в съответната община, не е лишен от правото да бъде избиран в държавата членка, на която е гражданин, и с писмена декларация е заявил желанието си да бъде избран.

Ah bless you, well done Sal g good work s

Oddy
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:33 pm

I just wondered if there was any more news about this from Darrel Local Mayor 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Local Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Mayor   Local Mayor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Mayor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1