altText

cost of water meter relocation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

cost of water meter relocation Empty
PostSubject: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

On our last short trip over we were told by the water board that the meter which is located ouside my house is now illigal and has to be relocated one meter from the boundary of the property. They wanted me to get it sorted out immediately but agreed it would wait till we go back over in a couple of months. Has anyone else been told this and any ideas on how much its going to cost or how long it will take?
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

This needs to be investigated, never heard of a water meter becoming illegal and you need to know who is responsible for moving it too. email solvit the eu advisory committee, they will tell you who is responsible for the change and for the cost. they are very good. g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

We had to move ours as they were updating to the new style meters and they preferred it nearer the house.

However, we have a very good neighbour who works at the local 'Tok' company and two of them came round and installed a new meter one Sunday.

No charge for the new meter, no charge for the labour. However, a fair few beers and a bite to eat did take place before I asked them the price!

If in doubt, ask for a meeting with the Mayor. Take your dictionary and ask why (защо - zashto?) you need to move it and how much it will cost (колко пари - kolko pari?).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Depends where you are I had ours moved and all I did was to get the bloke in the village who looks after the water to do it for me it took him half a day and I gave him a few drinks, when I asked him how much he said nothing, so I gave him more drink and a bottle to take with him cost of water meter relocation 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:57 pm

They're trying it on. Actually, it's most likely your village water man (voda meister) who's trying it on. Are your neighbours/other villagers paying for this service? Doubtfull.
Just say no.
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Old meters now have to be replaced by new meters - If you need to buy one you can ask the voda maistor to show you the one you need to buy (which can then be bought in most plumbing shops 35-50 Leva depending on the style required locally) Or get a neighbour to show you theirs (!)

As previous posters have said anyone can do the installation - we have a helpful voda maistor in our village he would install for free. I think your guy is just being a tad unhelpful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cost of water meter relocation   cost of water meter relocation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cost of water meter relocation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1