View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pugwash
Junior user
Junior user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:08 pm

A Happy New Year to one and all and hope 2011 is good to you.
I brought the new year in down the Royal British Legion club in my home town, what a crowd there was and a good time was had by all. All is quiet again now until all the yachties start arriving and the place will buzz once again.
The television here has been terrible over the holiday season, all repeats so the wife decided to keep herself amused on the computer compiling all sorts of info on Bulgaria and in particular Yambol.
She has a notion of keeping a couple of donkeys once we live there so thought she would look on the internet for donkeys for sale in Yambol and advice on rearing these social animals but you could buy a donkey in Wales and even in Texas but no site gave info on Bulgarian donkeys. Does anyone know of one?
I'm sure this won't be the last favour I'll be asking of all you good people as she has loads of notions and ideas but not loads of money! As long as she is happy that's what counts.
Hope you are all keeping warm over there. It's a wee bit chilly here and they even had an earthquake in Cumbria and Yorkshire yesterday. I think the world is going topsy turvy.
Best wishes once again,
Kev Questions 1995268642
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi Kev, you might like to contact these people [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they actually rescue donkeys from Romania and Bulgaria so they may be able to point you in the right direction, I will spilt this now so its a topic of its own.

Questions 1430720830
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Kevin Rall wrote:
As long as she is happy that's what counts.
Kev Questions 1995268642

Thats so nice to here H H H
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:57 pm

There are plenty of Donkeys in the Yambol area. In fact in the area close to my house there have been 2 Donkeys reared in the last 2 years.

You would be best advised to buy one or two of these creatures of burden once you are here, and have made a Bulgarian friend or two. It would be best if your Bulgarian friend made the purchase for you as it is not uncommon for the price to go up if you are English speaking.

There are people on here who already have or have had a Donkey, so you might be lucky and have someone help you. I will contact someone on your behalf and maybe you will get a PM from them.

Tony
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:35 pm

There is a market in Rakovski town and they sell Donkey's and all sorts of other animals Questions 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Pugwash
Junior user
Junior user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi, thanks everyone for your help, great stuff. I just wonder what the wife will come up with next.
Watch This Space!
Kev T
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:28 am

Hello Kevin how did you get on with finding a donkey? and whats next Questions 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Pugwash
Junior user
Junior user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Lisa,
No donkey yet as that will have to wait until we actually are living in Bulgaria, just when that will be I have no idea. We shall not leave the uk as long as mother-in-law is with us and she will be 98 next month bless her. In the meantime the wife passes the time away by planning how she would like the property and what she wants on the property, information re;
pensions, healthcare etc, etc, etc.
You ask 'what's next? Oh dear, that's got her going again!
She has got it into her head that she would like a natural swimming pool but doesn't like the idea of sharing it with frogs and various other creatures which might be lurking in the depths. Of course whether or not they are familiar with such structures over there remains to be seen as no info can be found. In the meantime I think the wife will have to hope we win the lotto or euro milions!
The renovations on the property are coming along at a good pace and we hope to visit later in the year and god knows what will be next as she has just reminded me two donkeys are better than one and of course not to forget the goat. I hope she is going to buy a shovel and knows how to use it.
Thanks for enquiring Lisa and without a doubt you and all will be taxing your brains again when she comes up with her next brainstorm!
Kev
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:13 pm

All sounds very good and I'm sure your wife will come up with much more yet but here is a natural pool

Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm

If you want a donkey dont have a old un,be clever and have a young donkey,but normally young donkies are eaten,so you may have a problem finding one,but dont despair if you live in the Yambol region contact me and i will see if i can help you

Mike
Back to top Go down
Pugwash
Junior user
Junior user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks for that Mike.
Kev Questions 1995268642
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Or better still ask in your village and you will have more offers than you need there are plenty of donkeys in Bulgaria of all ages and not all the young ones are eaten so I'm sure you won't have any problem getting one and it won't cost you a lot either but looking at the information you have here I think you may be better off contacting one of the sanctuaries and get one from them or take their advice I'm sure they know best and have all the expertise to hand if needed. Questions 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Pugwash
Junior user
Junior user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Cheers Davshaz,
True they might help and I'm sure when the time comes we won't be short of advice on anything if
this forum is anything to go by. You're an amazing lot!
Kev g
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Don't get ripped off buying a donkey though, we've seen the price double when they realise you're english - they usually sell for around 200 leva here. Female donkeys are usually easier to handle as the males aren't castrated. All donkeys need routine, regular hoof trimming, a place to shelter from the sun and rain (their coats are not waterproof) and feed in winter.

They're quite funny and predictable animals once they trust you. Ours is a fab alarm clock lol
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 am

Good advice Suzee, and don't be to eager when the time comes and I have found with Bulgarians that you should always barter! they do g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next